News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Weekend Shopping Roundup: Mobile hot, social is not
According to new data out from the Custora Pulse Cyber Monday sales increase 18% (YoY), making it the largest single-day shopping total in ecommerce history. What's more, it wasn't just PC-based shoppers adding to the total; one in three sales were made from a mobile device. About 80% of mobile orders came through Apple devices.
One interesting note from Custora, social didn't sell so well on Monday. In total Facebook, Twitter and other social networks accounted for about 1% of sales.
Meanwhile, IBM data sheds light on how social was working. While social networks may have pushed only a miniscule amount of traffic, buyers who were referred from Facebook spent an average of 6% more than those referred from Pinterest, which fits with data compiled on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday as well.
"We continue to see a dramatic movement of the new digitally savvy consumer as Cyber Monday once again proved to be the star of this holiday shopping season," said Jay Henderson, Strategy Director, IBM Smarter Commerce. "The mobile device has become the shopping companion of choice for consumers, driving record mobile sales with 55 percent growth over last year."
Finally, taking a deeper dive into Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, MarketLive notes their merchants increased more than 60% YoY, surpassing comScore's 17% data released earlier this week. The data also shows that add-to-cart and overall conversion rates soared over the holiday weekend. According to MarketLive, transaction revenues peaked and cart abandonment rates bottomed out on Black Friday; Black Friday also held on to the highest conversion rates (3%) while Sunday held the highest average order values of nearly $100.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...