News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Is it showrooming that is pushing conversions or is it webrooming? That is the question many retailers are asking as December rolls on. The answer? According to new data out from Harris Interactive, both.
According to a new Harris Poll most Americans are either showrooming (46%) or webrooming (69%). And both of those actions are helping shoppers make purchase decisions. What is perhaps the most interesting finding is that if a shopper has showroomed they are also likely to have webroomed, and vice versa.
"When it comes to the battle for consumers' holiday shopping dollars, all retailers are upping their games," says Mike de Vere, President of the Harris Poll. "Online versus brick and mortar retailers each have their own advantages, and poaching customers from competitors is all about playing to those strengths. Want to skip the crowded stores this holiday shopping season? Online is a clear answer. Feel better about being able to take your purchase home with you immediately? Brick and mortar stores have you covered. We'll be continuing to watch these trends and the ways in which retailers try to impact them."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 59% of showroomers say when they are ready to buy, they turn to Amazon
• 6% say they focus on Walmart for those buys, the next highest percentage
• 48% of webroomers begin their search at Amazon
• Webroomers are most likely to complete purchases at Walmart, Best Buy or Target
• 67% of webroomers who search at Walmart say they 'usually' buy at a Walmart brick-and-mortar store
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...