News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Is it showrooming that is pushing conversions or is it webrooming? That is the question many retailers are asking as December rolls on. The answer? According to new data out from Harris Interactive, both.
According to a new Harris Poll most Americans are either showrooming (46%) or webrooming (69%). And both of those actions are helping shoppers make purchase decisions. What is perhaps the most interesting finding is that if a shopper has showroomed they are also likely to have webroomed, and vice versa.
"When it comes to the battle for consumers' holiday shopping dollars, all retailers are upping their games," says Mike de Vere, President of the Harris Poll. "Online versus brick and mortar retailers each have their own advantages, and poaching customers from competitors is all about playing to those strengths. Want to skip the crowded stores this holiday shopping season? Online is a clear answer. Feel better about being able to take your purchase home with you immediately? Brick and mortar stores have you covered. We'll be continuing to watch these trends and the ways in which retailers try to impact them."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 59% of showroomers say when they are ready to buy, they turn to Amazon
• 6% say they focus on Walmart for those buys, the next highest percentage
• 48% of webroomers begin their search at Amazon
• Webroomers are most likely to complete purchases at Walmart, Best Buy or Target
• 67% of webroomers who search at Walmart say they 'usually' buy at a Walmart brick-and-mortar store
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....