News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video buffering and freezing leads to negative brand perception
Brands investing in high quality online video are seeing great returns and developing loyal followings but while content and quality are within their control, issues on YouTube such as buffering and freezing are not.
Of those consumers who watch video content on YouTube at least weekly, most (75%) experience issues such as buffering and freezing. In fact, according to recent research from Brightcove, 33% of those who watch videos on YouTube report that buffering interrupts half of all videos they watch, causing a third of viewers to abandon the video.
So, that leads to a negative perception of YouTube, right? Not necessarily, found Brightcove. Brands are the ones to take the blame with almost two-thirds of video viewers saying a bad video experience on YouTube would leave them with a negative impression of the brand. Furthermore, 60% said a negative video experience would dissuade them from interacting with the brand across all social media channels and 23% would hesitate to purchase from the brand or share the video content (50%).
According to Brightcove, brands are not doing themselves any favors by relying purely on free, low-quality video environments and should, instead, use a blended distribution strategy taking in other video content sites as well as their own website.
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....