News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video buffering and freezing leads to negative brand perception
Brands investing in high quality online video are seeing great returns and developing loyal followings but while content and quality are within their control, issues on YouTube such as buffering and freezing are not.
Of those consumers who watch video content on YouTube at least weekly, most (75%) experience issues such as buffering and freezing. In fact, according to recent research from Brightcove, 33% of those who watch videos on YouTube report that buffering interrupts half of all videos they watch, causing a third of viewers to abandon the video.
So, that leads to a negative perception of YouTube, right? Not necessarily, found Brightcove. Brands are the ones to take the blame with almost two-thirds of video viewers saying a bad video experience on YouTube would leave them with a negative impression of the brand. Furthermore, 60% said a negative video experience would dissuade them from interacting with the brand across all social media channels and 23% would hesitate to purchase from the brand or share the video content (50%).
According to Brightcove, brands are not doing themselves any favors by relying purely on free, low-quality video environments and should, instead, use a blended distribution strategy taking in other video content sites as well as their own website.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...