News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video buffering and freezing leads to negative brand perception
Brands investing in high quality online video are seeing great returns and developing loyal followings but while content and quality are within their control, issues on YouTube such as buffering and freezing are not.
Of those consumers who watch video content on YouTube at least weekly, most (75%) experience issues such as buffering and freezing. In fact, according to recent research from Brightcove, 33% of those who watch videos on YouTube report that buffering interrupts half of all videos they watch, causing a third of viewers to abandon the video.
So, that leads to a negative perception of YouTube, right? Not necessarily, found Brightcove. Brands are the ones to take the blame with almost two-thirds of video viewers saying a bad video experience on YouTube would leave them with a negative impression of the brand. Furthermore, 60% said a negative video experience would dissuade them from interacting with the brand across all social media channels and 23% would hesitate to purchase from the brand or share the video content (50%).
According to Brightcove, brands are not doing themselves any favors by relying purely on free, low-quality video environments and should, instead, use a blended distribution strategy taking in other video content sites as well as their own website.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...