News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Value of price comparison providers revealed
A study of two prominent retailers by Become Europe reveals the power of indirectly influencing customers' buying habits via price comparison websites.
An analysis of customer acquisition data from two retailers, Chemist Direct and Made.com, found that a large percentage of price comparison-generated sales came from new customers.
In the case of Chemist Direct, three-quarters of price comparison-generated sales were from new customers and for London-based designer furniture retailer, Made.com, that figure was 61%.
New web analytics technology now provides marketers with an alternative to the 'last cookie wins' industry standard by enabling a deeper delve into online metrics to attribute customer acquisition to the first touchpoint within a customer journey.
Such insights have enabled Become Europe to attribute a significant ratio of new customers to price comparison websites and to expose "the interplay between all marketing channels and campaigns, allowing retailers to see exactly which sites customers visit prior to making a purchase".
"The high ratio of new customers making purchases who were originally alerted to these retailers by a price comparison website confirms the power of indirectly influencing a customer's shopping decisions - the value of price comparison providers extends beyond just the cost of sale," says Michael Rausch, General Manager at Become Europe.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...