News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Value of price comparison providers revealed
A study of two prominent retailers by Become Europe reveals the power of indirectly influencing customers' buying habits via price comparison websites.
An analysis of customer acquisition data from two retailers, Chemist Direct and Made.com, found that a large percentage of price comparison-generated sales came from new customers.
In the case of Chemist Direct, three-quarters of price comparison-generated sales were from new customers and for London-based designer furniture retailer, Made.com, that figure was 61%.
New web analytics technology now provides marketers with an alternative to the 'last cookie wins' industry standard by enabling a deeper delve into online metrics to attribute customer acquisition to the first touchpoint within a customer journey.
Such insights have enabled Become Europe to attribute a significant ratio of new customers to price comparison websites and to expose "the interplay between all marketing channels and campaigns, allowing retailers to see exactly which sites customers visit prior to making a purchase".
"The high ratio of new customers making purchases who were originally alerted to these retailers by a price comparison website confirms the power of indirectly influencing a customer's shopping decisions - the value of price comparison providers extends beyond just the cost of sale," says Michael Rausch, General Manager at Become Europe.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...