News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Value of price comparison providers revealed
A study of two prominent retailers by Become Europe reveals the power of indirectly influencing customers' buying habits via price comparison websites.
An analysis of customer acquisition data from two retailers, Chemist Direct and Made.com, found that a large percentage of price comparison-generated sales came from new customers.
In the case of Chemist Direct, three-quarters of price comparison-generated sales were from new customers and for London-based designer furniture retailer, Made.com, that figure was 61%.
New web analytics technology now provides marketers with an alternative to the 'last cookie wins' industry standard by enabling a deeper delve into online metrics to attribute customer acquisition to the first touchpoint within a customer journey.
Such insights have enabled Become Europe to attribute a significant ratio of new customers to price comparison websites and to expose "the interplay between all marketing channels and campaigns, allowing retailers to see exactly which sites customers visit prior to making a purchase".
"The high ratio of new customers making purchases who were originally alerted to these retailers by a price comparison website confirms the power of indirectly influencing a customer's shopping decisions - the value of price comparison providers extends beyond just the cost of sale," says Michael Rausch, General Manager at Become Europe.
Image via Shutterstock
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....