News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK mobile advertising spend tops $1.6 billion in 2013
New figures released by eMarketer predict UK advertisers are set to spend £2.26 billion (US$3.7 billion) on mobile advertising in 2014, double the figure for this year.
Advertisers in the UK are on track to spend more than £1 billion (US$1.6 billion) on mobile advertising this year - a rise of 126% on 2012. According to eMarketer's latest prediction, growth is set to continue throughout 2014 with another doubling of mobile spend to £2.26 billion (US$3.6 billion).
By the end of 2013, it predicted mobile transactions will be worth a total of £8.17 billion (US$13.4 billion) - 18% of the UK ecommerce market as a whole.
Digital now accounts for almost half (45%) of total media ad spend in the UK, found eMarketer, with mobile accounting for a fifth. Digital is predicted to hit 50% by 2015.
EMarketer also estimates Twitter's ad revenue from the UK, its largest market after America, tripled to £44 million (US$72 million) this year and should more than double again to £97 million (US$159 million) in 2014 and could possibly hit £171 million (US$280 mllion) by 2015.
Facebook grew 50% to an estimated £333 million (US$545 million) in the UK this year and should rise another 29% to £429 million (US$703 million) next year. However, Google remains Britain's online ad giant, growing 18% this year and a forecast 15% next year, with over £3 billion (US$4.9 billion) in sales.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...