News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK mobile advertising spend tops $1.6 billion in 2013
New figures released by eMarketer predict UK advertisers are set to spend £2.26 billion (US$3.7 billion) on mobile advertising in 2014, double the figure for this year.
Advertisers in the UK are on track to spend more than £1 billion (US$1.6 billion) on mobile advertising this year - a rise of 126% on 2012. According to eMarketer's latest prediction, growth is set to continue throughout 2014 with another doubling of mobile spend to £2.26 billion (US$3.6 billion).
By the end of 2013, it predicted mobile transactions will be worth a total of £8.17 billion (US$13.4 billion) - 18% of the UK ecommerce market as a whole.
Digital now accounts for almost half (45%) of total media ad spend in the UK, found eMarketer, with mobile accounting for a fifth. Digital is predicted to hit 50% by 2015.
EMarketer also estimates Twitter's ad revenue from the UK, its largest market after America, tripled to £44 million (US$72 million) this year and should more than double again to £97 million (US$159 million) in 2014 and could possibly hit £171 million (US$280 mllion) by 2015.
Facebook grew 50% to an estimated £333 million (US$545 million) in the UK this year and should rise another 29% to £429 million (US$703 million) next year. However, Google remains Britain's online ad giant, growing 18% this year and a forecast 15% next year, with over £3 billion (US$4.9 billion) in sales.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....