News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 trends brands need to know now for 2014
From new ways to collect data to innovative ways to analyze that data, businesses across the globe are preparing for a data-centric 2014. But data isn't the only trend as we head into the New Year. One expert says multi-platform, data accuracy and identity are three of the top trends brands need to be ready for in 2014.
First, the case for multi-platform. We all know consumers are logging on to the mobile web as often - if not moreso - than the traditional web. In 2014, the trend to watch is cookie+ data offered for those multi-platform people.
"[In 2014] Data goes multi-platform through Cookie+ solutions provided by the big 3 (Microsoft, Google, Facebook) in public beta tests and independent options through ad-tech data leaders. Statistical IDs (Stat IDs) will usher in an era of scalable multi-platform audience targeting," said Mark Zagorski, eXelate CEO. "Consumers continue to utilize a combination of devices throughout the day - tablets in the morning, PCs during the day, TV at night, and smartphones throughout [and] media continues to follow consumer patterns as publishers push further content distribution through mobile channels to "surround sound" audiences."
Second, data accuracy. Because of the multitude of devices people are using to go online, research products and make purchases, in 2014 it will become even more important for advertisers and brands to have accurate counts. From social networks like Facebook and data hubs like comScore and Nielsen, brands need to know where to go for the data that will benefit their bottom line.
Third, don't forget the identity that goes will all that data.
"The identity wars begin. Beyond enabling Cookie+ based multi-platform advertising, Facebook, Microsoft, Google, and Yahoo will battle for online ID supremacy. Each of them will tout as having the go to "digital driver's license" to prove one's digital identity. Expect financial institutions to experiment with these options under secure environments," said Zagorski.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...