News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 global ecommerce trends for 2014
More businesses will look at global expansion in 2014, especially B2B brands. According to some new predictions from Alibaba about half of B2B brands are already selling direct in the online space and, if they plan it correctly, those B2B brands can maneuver into the B2C space easily in the New Year.
Shoppers around the globe are doing more shopping online each day. This gives ecommerce brands a nearly unending supply of new customers, in the online and mobile spaces. Which brings us to the first prediction: more small businesses will push into the mobile space.
According to Michael Lee with Alibaba 2014 will see more low- or no-cost mobile platforms and solutions hit the online space, giving SMBs more choice.
Lee also believes more B2B brands will shift their focus from China to other areas of the world.
"When most people think of global trade, they still think "China." But in 2014 other areas of the e-commerce world will continue to gain traction--such as Brazil and MENA (Middle East and North Africa). We'll see more business opportunities in these areas and more studies done on how to explore those markets," said Michael Lee, Director of Global Marketing and Business Development of Alibaba.com.
Lee's final prediction: that more brands will take their products to market direct.
Traditionally Chinese suppliers made products for buyers and white-labeled them. In 2014, we'll see these suppliers building their own brands and selling them directly to consumers. While "Made in China" has lacked prestige as a label, this will change as Chinese manufacturers pay more attention to the rising consumer purchasing power worldwide, devoting more resources to developing brands that can compete on a global stage," said Lee.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...