News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 design tips for mobile email
Everyone is talking about responsive design but even without responsive templates or any technical expertise, marketers can design their emails to be easily consumed on mobile devices. There are one-column templates, increased font sizes, lessening the amount of text and simplifying the overall layout.
With a little bit of forethought emails can look great on desktop clients and also translate perfectly to mobile devices. Our expert offers his top three tips.
First, think responsive. There are responsive email templates built around mobile devices, making it super simple for retailers or marketers to employ better mobile email design without breaking the bank.
Second, don't forget mobile-friendly landing pages.
"Many marketers have perfected the mobile-friendly email, but they stop short of directing the subscriber to a mobile-friendly landing page. It won't do a lot of good if subscribers click on your emails, but don't take the next step because the landing page doesn't render properly on their mobile devices," Eddie Howard, Senior Product Manager, Vocus.
Third, test, test, test.
"Companies like Litmus and Email on Acid let marketers test their emails across all the popular email clients and devices. Now you can see what your email looks like whether it's sent to a Gmail account on Internet Explorer 8, Outlook 2007 or on Android 2.3. By uploading it to one of these sites, you'll be able to see how it looks within seconds," said Howard.
Especially in mobile, emails should be tested for screen sizes, devices and across email clients to ensure they open correctly across the broad mobile spectrum.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...