News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 design tips for mobile email
Everyone is talking about responsive design but even without responsive templates or any technical expertise, marketers can design their emails to be easily consumed on mobile devices. There are one-column templates, increased font sizes, lessening the amount of text and simplifying the overall layout.
With a little bit of forethought emails can look great on desktop clients and also translate perfectly to mobile devices. Our expert offers his top three tips.
First, think responsive. There are responsive email templates built around mobile devices, making it super simple for retailers or marketers to employ better mobile email design without breaking the bank.
Second, don't forget mobile-friendly landing pages.
"Many marketers have perfected the mobile-friendly email, but they stop short of directing the subscriber to a mobile-friendly landing page. It won't do a lot of good if subscribers click on your emails, but don't take the next step because the landing page doesn't render properly on their mobile devices," Eddie Howard, Senior Product Manager, Vocus.
Third, test, test, test.
"Companies like Litmus and Email on Acid let marketers test their emails across all the popular email clients and devices. Now you can see what your email looks like whether it's sent to a Gmail account on Internet Explorer 8, Outlook 2007 or on Android 2.3. By uploading it to one of these sites, you'll be able to see how it looks within seconds," said Howard.
Especially in mobile, emails should be tested for screen sizes, devices and across email clients to ensure they open correctly across the broad mobile spectrum.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...