News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 design tips for mobile email
Everyone is talking about responsive design but even without responsive templates or any technical expertise, marketers can design their emails to be easily consumed on mobile devices. There are one-column templates, increased font sizes, lessening the amount of text and simplifying the overall layout.
With a little bit of forethought emails can look great on desktop clients and also translate perfectly to mobile devices. Our expert offers his top three tips.
First, think responsive. There are responsive email templates built around mobile devices, making it super simple for retailers or marketers to employ better mobile email design without breaking the bank.
Second, don't forget mobile-friendly landing pages.
"Many marketers have perfected the mobile-friendly email, but they stop short of directing the subscriber to a mobile-friendly landing page. It won't do a lot of good if subscribers click on your emails, but don't take the next step because the landing page doesn't render properly on their mobile devices," Eddie Howard, Senior Product Manager, Vocus.
Third, test, test, test.
"Companies like Litmus and Email on Acid let marketers test their emails across all the popular email clients and devices. Now you can see what your email looks like whether it's sent to a Gmail account on Internet Explorer 8, Outlook 2007 or on Android 2.3. By uploading it to one of these sites, you'll be able to see how it looks within seconds," said Howard.
Especially in mobile, emails should be tested for screen sizes, devices and across email clients to ensure they open correctly across the broad mobile spectrum.
Image via Shutterstock
- UK: February floods lead to rise in ecommerce sales
- Top 3 tips to create lasting brand buzz
- Expert warns bitcoin has drawbacks for SMBs
- Twitter testing click-to-call
- UK: Mobile ad spend to outstrip newspaper ad spend in 2014
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....