News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
Today, mobile devices are an integral part of the consumer travel experience, according to new research released by mobile ad network Tapjoy that delves into the mobile habits of holiday travelers.
Mobile use is evident in all stages of the travel experience, found Tapjoy, from researching, to searching for deals and promotions, purchasing and even rescheduling. In fact, travelers are commanding 20% of smartphone and tablet Internet traffic. Tapjoy expects this volume to increase as travelers continue to plan travel over the holiday season.
Travel-related activities carried out on a mobile device include:
Researching - 35%
Finding travel deals and promotions - 24%
Making hotel reservations - 21%
Visiting a travel-related company's social media page - 16%
Purchasing flight tickets - 16%
Furthermore, almost three-quarters (72%) make travel arrangements less than 3 months in advance and 63% prefer to use their mobile device, or a mobile app, to make last-minute arrangements.
When it comes to mobile ads, users perform multiple activities after viewing travel-related ads. Forty-one percent will visit the company's website while 56% will search for related travel deals and promotions. Overall, 74% will request more information on a company after seeing an ad or video on their mobile device.
Image via Shutterstock
- Trends to watch for back-to-school
- Expert shares integration tips for cloud
- How machine learning can impact subscription service offerings
- Expert: How to know if the cloud is right for your business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting, Payments and Data
- Studies highlight importance of location, relevance
- SMBs: New labor laws could impact revenue lines
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, video and ecommerce
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...