News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
Today, mobile devices are an integral part of the consumer travel experience, according to new research released by mobile ad network Tapjoy that delves into the mobile habits of holiday travelers.
Mobile use is evident in all stages of the travel experience, found Tapjoy, from researching, to searching for deals and promotions, purchasing and even rescheduling. In fact, travelers are commanding 20% of smartphone and tablet Internet traffic. Tapjoy expects this volume to increase as travelers continue to plan travel over the holiday season.
Travel-related activities carried out on a mobile device include:
Researching - 35%
Finding travel deals and promotions - 24%
Making hotel reservations - 21%
Visiting a travel-related company's social media page - 16%
Purchasing flight tickets - 16%
Furthermore, almost three-quarters (72%) make travel arrangements less than 3 months in advance and 63% prefer to use their mobile device, or a mobile app, to make last-minute arrangements.
When it comes to mobile ads, users perform multiple activities after viewing travel-related ads. Forty-one percent will visit the company's website while 56% will search for related travel deals and promotions. Overall, 74% will request more information on a company after seeing an ad or video on their mobile device.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...