News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
Today, mobile devices are an integral part of the consumer travel experience, according to new research released by mobile ad network Tapjoy that delves into the mobile habits of holiday travelers.
Mobile use is evident in all stages of the travel experience, found Tapjoy, from researching, to searching for deals and promotions, purchasing and even rescheduling. In fact, travelers are commanding 20% of smartphone and tablet Internet traffic. Tapjoy expects this volume to increase as travelers continue to plan travel over the holiday season.
Travel-related activities carried out on a mobile device include:
Researching - 35%
Finding travel deals and promotions - 24%
Making hotel reservations - 21%
Visiting a travel-related company's social media page - 16%
Purchasing flight tickets - 16%
Furthermore, almost three-quarters (72%) make travel arrangements less than 3 months in advance and 63% prefer to use their mobile device, or a mobile app, to make last-minute arrangements.
When it comes to mobile ads, users perform multiple activities after viewing travel-related ads. Forty-one percent will visit the company's website while 56% will search for related travel deals and promotions. Overall, 74% will request more information on a company after seeing an ad or video on their mobile device.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...