News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
Today, mobile devices are an integral part of the consumer travel experience, according to new research released by mobile ad network Tapjoy that delves into the mobile habits of holiday travelers.
Mobile use is evident in all stages of the travel experience, found Tapjoy, from researching, to searching for deals and promotions, purchasing and even rescheduling. In fact, travelers are commanding 20% of smartphone and tablet Internet traffic. Tapjoy expects this volume to increase as travelers continue to plan travel over the holiday season.
Travel-related activities carried out on a mobile device include:
Researching - 35%
Finding travel deals and promotions - 24%
Making hotel reservations - 21%
Visiting a travel-related company's social media page - 16%
Purchasing flight tickets - 16%
Furthermore, almost three-quarters (72%) make travel arrangements less than 3 months in advance and 63% prefer to use their mobile device, or a mobile app, to make last-minute arrangements.
When it comes to mobile ads, users perform multiple activities after viewing travel-related ads. Forty-one percent will visit the company's website while 56% will search for related travel deals and promotions. Overall, 74% will request more information on a company after seeing an ad or video on their mobile device.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...