News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
It's no secret that content is one key to engaging consumers. According to a new TrapIt survey most (82%) of marketers believe content, specifically visual content, is the key to engaging shoppers, but many also admit it is harder to connect with consumers because of the dearth of content out there currently.
Researchers with TrapIt found that nearly half of respondents believe mobile content consumption will overtake current, traditional search engine discovery. Many also believe there is so much content in the online space that it is difficult to properly engage shoppers.
"While the report confirms that content marketing is a go-to strategy for marketers, it also points to a disturbing believe among them: many marketers find that content saturation is making content curation less effective," writes the company. "They feel challenged to find original content that peers and/or competitors aren't also curating. That being said, they agree it is table-stakes to pursue curation in order to stay afloat in a competitive landscape."
Some interesting findings from the survey include:
• 28% of marketers' time is spent with content marketing
• Some say they'd spend up to half their time with content marketing if they had the time
• Most believe 15 pieces of content per day should be sharing to be productive
• Most say they can't keep up with that quota
• 74% say content curation is 'an important part of the day'
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...