News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
It's no secret that content is one key to engaging consumers. According to a new TrapIt survey most (82%) of marketers believe content, specifically visual content, is the key to engaging shoppers, but many also admit it is harder to connect with consumers because of the dearth of content out there currently.
Researchers with TrapIt found that nearly half of respondents believe mobile content consumption will overtake current, traditional search engine discovery. Many also believe there is so much content in the online space that it is difficult to properly engage shoppers.
"While the report confirms that content marketing is a go-to strategy for marketers, it also points to a disturbing believe among them: many marketers find that content saturation is making content curation less effective," writes the company. "They feel challenged to find original content that peers and/or competitors aren't also curating. That being said, they agree it is table-stakes to pursue curation in order to stay afloat in a competitive landscape."
Some interesting findings from the survey include:
• 28% of marketers' time is spent with content marketing
• Some say they'd spend up to half their time with content marketing if they had the time
• Most believe 15 pieces of content per day should be sharing to be productive
• Most say they can't keep up with that quota
• 74% say content curation is 'an important part of the day'
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...