News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
It's no secret that content is one key to engaging consumers. According to a new TrapIt survey most (82%) of marketers believe content, specifically visual content, is the key to engaging shoppers, but many also admit it is harder to connect with consumers because of the dearth of content out there currently.
Researchers with TrapIt found that nearly half of respondents believe mobile content consumption will overtake current, traditional search engine discovery. Many also believe there is so much content in the online space that it is difficult to properly engage shoppers.
"While the report confirms that content marketing is a go-to strategy for marketers, it also points to a disturbing believe among them: many marketers find that content saturation is making content curation less effective," writes the company. "They feel challenged to find original content that peers and/or competitors aren't also curating. That being said, they agree it is table-stakes to pursue curation in order to stay afloat in a competitive landscape."
Some interesting findings from the survey include:
• 28% of marketers' time is spent with content marketing
• Some say they'd spend up to half their time with content marketing if they had the time
• Most believe 15 pieces of content per day should be sharing to be productive
• Most say they can't keep up with that quota
• 74% say content curation is 'an important part of the day'
Image via Shutterstock
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...