News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
It's no secret that content is one key to engaging consumers. According to a new TrapIt survey most (82%) of marketers believe content, specifically visual content, is the key to engaging shoppers, but many also admit it is harder to connect with consumers because of the dearth of content out there currently.
Researchers with TrapIt found that nearly half of respondents believe mobile content consumption will overtake current, traditional search engine discovery. Many also believe there is so much content in the online space that it is difficult to properly engage shoppers.
"While the report confirms that content marketing is a go-to strategy for marketers, it also points to a disturbing believe among them: many marketers find that content saturation is making content curation less effective," writes the company. "They feel challenged to find original content that peers and/or competitors aren't also curating. That being said, they agree it is table-stakes to pursue curation in order to stay afloat in a competitive landscape."
Some interesting findings from the survey include:
• 28% of marketers' time is spent with content marketing
• Some say they'd spend up to half their time with content marketing if they had the time
• Most believe 15 pieces of content per day should be sharing to be productive
• Most say they can't keep up with that quota
• 74% say content curation is 'an important part of the day'
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...