News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
When it comes to shopping, more consumers are spending less time in the store. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. New data out from Euclid shows that the focus of most shoppers is now getting the product on their list, rather than window shopping.
Window shopping may be good for retailers' bottom lines, but it looks as if window shopping is falling in favor among shoppers. According to new data out from Euclid Analytics, November shopping trips resulted in people spending less time in-store. Instead, shoppers focused on the items on their lists rather than looking for additional purchases.
"Deep discounts, highly attractive promotions and extended open hours successfully brought shoppers to brick-and-mortar locations during Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday this year, with traffic up 1.9% compared to the same two day period last year. Looking at Black Friday itself, traffic was actually down YoY as the early start to deals on Thursday pulled many shopping trips forward. Window conversion was up 2.3% YoY for the two day period as well, nearly reaching 10% on Black Friday, as enticing deals brought crowds through the door," writes the company.
While time spent browsing decreased actual traffic into stores increased by 20% over November 2012 numbers and 32% over October 2013 numbers. Other interesting findings include:
• Window conversions increased by nearly 9%
• Bounce rates increased by 12%
• Visit duration lessened by nearly a full minute over 2012
Bounce rates measure the number of visitors who enter a store but then leave within 5 minutes without making a purchase.
On a more positive note, repeat shoppers are on the increase. According to Euclid's stats, 12% of retailer visits were made by people returning to a store within a 30 day window. That increase is month-to-month; for the year over year numbers, repeat shopper visits were down about 3%.
Image via Shutterstock
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....