News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
In the second half of 2013 a majority of small businesses saw revenues climb according to new data out from RocketLawyer; their survey also finds that most SMBs believe 2014 will be even better.
For half of those surveyed in the RocketLawyer December 2013 Semi-Annual Small Business Survey, economic questions are the biggest worry, still most say they believe 2014 will be better than 2013. About half of small businesses consulted a lawyer over the past year while cities like San Francisco, Minneapolis and Seattle topped the list of most SMB friendly in the US.
"Small businesses and startups are the key drivers of the economic recovery and their optimism is encouraging," said Charley Moore, founder and executive chairman of Rocket Lawyer. "It's been a year of innovation, especially in tech and healthcare, so we're glad that SMBs see opportunity. When it comes to legal services, technology is giving SMBs an edge. Rocket Lawyer helped thousands of startups incorporate, and SMBs created millions of contracts for free in 2013. We are especially thrilled to see how many SMBs use our mobile apps for legal advice from local attorneys, at a fraction of the traditional time and cost."
Other interesting survey findings include:
• 36% believe the tech sector holds the most opportunity
• 40% of SMBs will focus 2014 energies on marketing presence
• 75% say the Affordable Care Act did not 'significantly impact' hiring in 2013
• 45% say they won't enroll in the ACA
Meanwhile, the survey finds a full one-third of SMBs (37%) plan to hire additional employees in 2014; half say they'll hire full-timers while 40% say part-timers are their focus.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...