News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
In the second half of 2013 a majority of small businesses saw revenues climb according to new data out from RocketLawyer; their survey also finds that most SMBs believe 2014 will be even better.
For half of those surveyed in the RocketLawyer December 2013 Semi-Annual Small Business Survey, economic questions are the biggest worry, still most say they believe 2014 will be better than 2013. About half of small businesses consulted a lawyer over the past year while cities like San Francisco, Minneapolis and Seattle topped the list of most SMB friendly in the US.
"Small businesses and startups are the key drivers of the economic recovery and their optimism is encouraging," said Charley Moore, founder and executive chairman of Rocket Lawyer. "It's been a year of innovation, especially in tech and healthcare, so we're glad that SMBs see opportunity. When it comes to legal services, technology is giving SMBs an edge. Rocket Lawyer helped thousands of startups incorporate, and SMBs created millions of contracts for free in 2013. We are especially thrilled to see how many SMBs use our mobile apps for legal advice from local attorneys, at a fraction of the traditional time and cost."
Other interesting survey findings include:
• 36% believe the tech sector holds the most opportunity
• 40% of SMBs will focus 2014 energies on marketing presence
• 75% say the Affordable Care Act did not 'significantly impact' hiring in 2013
• 45% say they won't enroll in the ACA
Meanwhile, the survey finds a full one-third of SMBs (37%) plan to hire additional employees in 2014; half say they'll hire full-timers while 40% say part-timers are their focus.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...