News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
In the second half of 2013 a majority of small businesses saw revenues climb according to new data out from RocketLawyer; their survey also finds that most SMBs believe 2014 will be even better.
For half of those surveyed in the RocketLawyer December 2013 Semi-Annual Small Business Survey, economic questions are the biggest worry, still most say they believe 2014 will be better than 2013. About half of small businesses consulted a lawyer over the past year while cities like San Francisco, Minneapolis and Seattle topped the list of most SMB friendly in the US.
"Small businesses and startups are the key drivers of the economic recovery and their optimism is encouraging," said Charley Moore, founder and executive chairman of Rocket Lawyer. "It's been a year of innovation, especially in tech and healthcare, so we're glad that SMBs see opportunity. When it comes to legal services, technology is giving SMBs an edge. Rocket Lawyer helped thousands of startups incorporate, and SMBs created millions of contracts for free in 2013. We are especially thrilled to see how many SMBs use our mobile apps for legal advice from local attorneys, at a fraction of the traditional time and cost."
Other interesting survey findings include:
• 36% believe the tech sector holds the most opportunity
• 40% of SMBs will focus 2014 energies on marketing presence
• 75% say the Affordable Care Act did not 'significantly impact' hiring in 2013
• 45% say they won't enroll in the ACA
Meanwhile, the survey finds a full one-third of SMBs (37%) plan to hire additional employees in 2014; half say they'll hire full-timers while 40% say part-timers are their focus.
Image via Shutterstock
- UK: February floods lead to rise in ecommerce sales
- Top 3 tips to create lasting brand buzz
- Expert warns bitcoin has drawbacks for SMBs
- Twitter testing click-to-call
- UK: Mobile ad spend to outstrip newspaper ad spend in 2014
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....