News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Over the Thanksgiving weekend, many retailers say a push from mobile consumers. According to some statistics, mobile conversions increased by around 20% (Year over Year) through the weekend. New data out from Responsys shows retailers how mobile consumers are engaging with marketing content, which may help them push holiday revenues even higher.
Researchers with Responsys have released the results of a survey of more than 1,000 US-based mobile consumers. Email, finds the survey, is one of the best ways to engage mobile consumers, with 46% saying emails have triggered them to join mobile mailing/messaging lists.
According to the Google Holiday Shopping Intentions study more than three-quarters plan to make a purchase via mobile over the 2013 holidays
"Without a doubt, effective mobile marketing - across SMS, mobile apps, push notifications and Passbook - drives consumers to purchase and yet it seems that many marketers are missing out on this opportunity," said Michael Della Penna, Senior Vice President of Emerging Channels at Responsys. "However, it's not enough to add mobile as a standalone effort. Best in class marketers are leveraging first party data to drive relevance and are adopting multi-channel marketing orchestration to build highly differentiated experiences that accelerate sales. In fact, our survey found that consumers are over 40 percent more likely to purchase when mobile communications are part of an orchestrated marketing experience that unfolds over time and across channels."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 28% of mobile users have subscribed to brands' marketing messages, 35% say these messages are not relevant to them
• 64% say mobile messages have helped them convert
• 66% of mobiles are influenced to purchased based on price in a mobile message
• 52% are influenced by time sensitive messaging
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...