News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Over the Thanksgiving weekend, many retailers say a push from mobile consumers. According to some statistics, mobile conversions increased by around 20% (Year over Year) through the weekend. New data out from Responsys shows retailers how mobile consumers are engaging with marketing content, which may help them push holiday revenues even higher.
Researchers with Responsys have released the results of a survey of more than 1,000 US-based mobile consumers. Email, finds the survey, is one of the best ways to engage mobile consumers, with 46% saying emails have triggered them to join mobile mailing/messaging lists.
According to the Google Holiday Shopping Intentions study more than three-quarters plan to make a purchase via mobile over the 2013 holidays
"Without a doubt, effective mobile marketing - across SMS, mobile apps, push notifications and Passbook - drives consumers to purchase and yet it seems that many marketers are missing out on this opportunity," said Michael Della Penna, Senior Vice President of Emerging Channels at Responsys. "However, it's not enough to add mobile as a standalone effort. Best in class marketers are leveraging first party data to drive relevance and are adopting multi-channel marketing orchestration to build highly differentiated experiences that accelerate sales. In fact, our survey found that consumers are over 40 percent more likely to purchase when mobile communications are part of an orchestrated marketing experience that unfolds over time and across channels."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 28% of mobile users have subscribed to brands' marketing messages, 35% say these messages are not relevant to them
• 64% say mobile messages have helped them convert
• 66% of mobiles are influenced to purchased based on price in a mobile message
• 52% are influenced by time sensitive messaging
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...