News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Over the Thanksgiving weekend, many retailers say a push from mobile consumers. According to some statistics, mobile conversions increased by around 20% (Year over Year) through the weekend. New data out from Responsys shows retailers how mobile consumers are engaging with marketing content, which may help them push holiday revenues even higher.
Researchers with Responsys have released the results of a survey of more than 1,000 US-based mobile consumers. Email, finds the survey, is one of the best ways to engage mobile consumers, with 46% saying emails have triggered them to join mobile mailing/messaging lists.
According to the Google Holiday Shopping Intentions study more than three-quarters plan to make a purchase via mobile over the 2013 holidays
"Without a doubt, effective mobile marketing - across SMS, mobile apps, push notifications and Passbook - drives consumers to purchase and yet it seems that many marketers are missing out on this opportunity," said Michael Della Penna, Senior Vice President of Emerging Channels at Responsys. "However, it's not enough to add mobile as a standalone effort. Best in class marketers are leveraging first party data to drive relevance and are adopting multi-channel marketing orchestration to build highly differentiated experiences that accelerate sales. In fact, our survey found that consumers are over 40 percent more likely to purchase when mobile communications are part of an orchestrated marketing experience that unfolds over time and across channels."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 28% of mobile users have subscribed to brands' marketing messages, 35% say these messages are not relevant to them
• 64% say mobile messages have helped them convert
• 66% of mobiles are influenced to purchased based on price in a mobile message
• 52% are influenced by time sensitive messaging
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to create lasting brand buzz
- Expert warns bitcoin has drawbacks for SMBs
- Twitter testing click-to-call
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....