News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
Two new reports, one focused on digital ads and another on the social space, underline the importance of a personal touch in the online space.
First, Dispop has released data that indicates putting a human touch on advertising will engage more consumers. According to their data, ads created use their self-serve platform are performed better than automated ads from Google's display ad arm.
Based on 250,000 impressions, the ads created within Dispop showed a click-thru rate of 0.15% and a conversion of 18 while the Google ads showed a 0.07% CTR and a conversion on 10.
"We specifically wanted to test how the creative aspect can affect campaign performance, comparing Google¹s approach with Dispop's elegance in design and ad buying," said Ayal Ebert, CEO and founder of Dispop. "Google¹s templatized approach to ad creation significantly hinders campaign success and lowers the quality of how a brand is perceived online and our results clearly support this claim."
Meanwhile new Spredfast survey data shows more than half of marketers are using social media to build consumer relationships, outpacing both email (25% use) and websites (12% use).
"Nearly half of the brands surveyed (47 percent) are focused on how social is driving more meaningful engagements with their customers. However, only seven percent cited impact to increased revenue and sales as the biggest area of impact, and four percent said driving awareness around their products and services was the biggest impact social made," notes Jordan Viator Slabaugh, Spredfast. "Likewise, when asked how brands are measuring success, lead acquisition was the least measured, coming in at only 13 percent, as compared to shares and word of mouth (77 percent), brand sentiment (62 percent), and brand loyalty (53 percent)."
Other interesting findings include:
• 97% of marketing staffs hold social networking duties
• 58% of PR pros say they manage branded social accounts
• 17% of product staffs use brands social media accounts
• 22% of sales pros say they manage social accounts
- Big brands' ads found playing before ISIS YouTube videos
- Image-based social networks up their ad game
- Few help desk systems are cloud-based
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...