News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
Two new reports, one focused on digital ads and another on the social space, underline the importance of a personal touch in the online space.
First, Dispop has released data that indicates putting a human touch on advertising will engage more consumers. According to their data, ads created use their self-serve platform are performed better than automated ads from Google's display ad arm.
Based on 250,000 impressions, the ads created within Dispop showed a click-thru rate of 0.15% and a conversion of 18 while the Google ads showed a 0.07% CTR and a conversion on 10.
"We specifically wanted to test how the creative aspect can affect campaign performance, comparing Google¹s approach with Dispop's elegance in design and ad buying," said Ayal Ebert, CEO and founder of Dispop. "Google¹s templatized approach to ad creation significantly hinders campaign success and lowers the quality of how a brand is perceived online and our results clearly support this claim."
Meanwhile new Spredfast survey data shows more than half of marketers are using social media to build consumer relationships, outpacing both email (25% use) and websites (12% use).
"Nearly half of the brands surveyed (47 percent) are focused on how social is driving more meaningful engagements with their customers. However, only seven percent cited impact to increased revenue and sales as the biggest area of impact, and four percent said driving awareness around their products and services was the biggest impact social made," notes Jordan Viator Slabaugh, Spredfast. "Likewise, when asked how brands are measuring success, lead acquisition was the least measured, coming in at only 13 percent, as compared to shares and word of mouth (77 percent), brand sentiment (62 percent), and brand loyalty (53 percent)."
Other interesting findings include:
• 97% of marketing staffs hold social networking duties
• 58% of PR pros say they manage branded social accounts
• 17% of product staffs use brands social media accounts
• 22% of sales pros say they manage social accounts
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...