News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
Two new reports, one focused on digital ads and another on the social space, underline the importance of a personal touch in the online space.
First, Dispop has released data that indicates putting a human touch on advertising will engage more consumers. According to their data, ads created use their self-serve platform are performed better than automated ads from Google's display ad arm.
Based on 250,000 impressions, the ads created within Dispop showed a click-thru rate of 0.15% and a conversion of 18 while the Google ads showed a 0.07% CTR and a conversion on 10.
"We specifically wanted to test how the creative aspect can affect campaign performance, comparing Google¹s approach with Dispop's elegance in design and ad buying," said Ayal Ebert, CEO and founder of Dispop. "Google¹s templatized approach to ad creation significantly hinders campaign success and lowers the quality of how a brand is perceived online and our results clearly support this claim."
Meanwhile new Spredfast survey data shows more than half of marketers are using social media to build consumer relationships, outpacing both email (25% use) and websites (12% use).
"Nearly half of the brands surveyed (47 percent) are focused on how social is driving more meaningful engagements with their customers. However, only seven percent cited impact to increased revenue and sales as the biggest area of impact, and four percent said driving awareness around their products and services was the biggest impact social made," notes Jordan Viator Slabaugh, Spredfast. "Likewise, when asked how brands are measuring success, lead acquisition was the least measured, coming in at only 13 percent, as compared to shares and word of mouth (77 percent), brand sentiment (62 percent), and brand loyalty (53 percent)."
Other interesting findings include:
• 97% of marketing staffs hold social networking duties
• 58% of PR pros say they manage branded social accounts
• 17% of product staffs use brands social media accounts
• 22% of sales pros say they manage social accounts
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
- 25% of SMBs have no website
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...