News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile influence is growing
According to new data from WalkerSands, most consumers (42%) are carrying - at most - $20 in their wallets. The 2014 Future of Retail Study shows about 20% are carrying zero cash while 39% carry between $21 and $100. The company believes this new trend is a wake-up call for retailers and e-tailers to simplify mobile payments.
"Retailers must adapt to the cashless atmosphere consumers are demanding - online, through social and even while shopping in store," said Tory Patrick, account director and lead of the retail technology practice at Walker Sands. "There's much to be gained for retailers and technology companies through consistently evolving commerce strategies across channels, including the enhanced ability to attract and retain customers."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 66% of online shoppers say they're 'more inclined' to shop with retailers offering mobile payments
• 59% say they'd like to see mobile self-check options while shopping in-store
• 78% want increase security from retail websites, 68% want better online customer service
• 6 in 10 say they're engaging with favorite brands via social media
• 3 in 10 say Pinterest has influenced a purchase
Nexage sees a lot of potential in the mobile commerce space, as well. Looking back at Q3, Nexage analysis shows programmatic (RTB) ad buys are trending up in the mobile space. Private exchanges are seeing a huge upswing with revenue from the private exchanges increasing more than 500% in Q3. Moving forward Nexage experts believe RTB's share of the mobile ad spend will continue to increase.
Their analysis also suggests that great transparency will become more important for mobile brands as we move into 2014.
Image via Shutterstock
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
- Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
- Survey: Bitcoin making more waves
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...