News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
The mobile space may be the wild west of the Internet, but new data out from Upstream indicates a measured and strategic approach to the mobile space is the best approach. Especially in emerging markets, Upstream experts say brands need to have a plan in place to have success in the mobile space.
"As mobile advertising continues to boom globally, adopting different strategies to reach different consumers across the world is critical," said Marco Veremis, Upstream CEO. "The world is not flat and understanding the nuances across each region will help ensure that messages are sent at optimal times and with language that best encourages a response. Ultimately taking time to consider key factors such as content, sentiment and prizes across each region will help guarantee success and conversion in lucrative new markets."
Some interesting takeaways from the 2013 Cracking the Emerging Markets Report include:
• Messages with 'urgent' content are more effective than those with 'lucky', 'congratulations' and even 'pay nothing'
• Mobiles in emerging marketplaces like Nigeria and Cameroon favor financial, fitness and relationship content
• Vietnamese mobiles are likely to engage with English lessons/tutorials
• Prizes and rewards are favored in many developing countries
Meanwhile MobPartner data notes that here in the US most mobile consumers (75%) say they'll use their devices for some holiday shopping this year. Much of that use will be in price comparison or product research. Researchers found 40% of mobile users tap their smartphones or tablets to research products while 55% say they've used their phone to showroom. Many mobiles will also use their phones to find coupons or discount offers.
Djamel Agaoua, Chairman of MobPartner, said, "It's clear that the rise of mCommerce is dramatically changing consumer shopping preferences and habits. The successful retailers will be those that can quickly incorporate mobile into the whole shopping experience, from browsing to checkout, in a way that's engaging and valuable to consumers. We believe that mobile devices will radically change both online and physical retail over the next few years, and our focus is on helping retailers navigate this exciting but challenging shift."
As for the best way to reach mobiles with discounts or product information, 41% say they prefer to receive offers via SMS/text while 36% said an email was the best contact option. Nearly one-third (31%) said they've picked up coupons/offers from social media.
Image via Shutterstock
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...