News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
Don't count out television when it comes to purchase intent. That is one of the big takeaways from a new study out from Kantar Media and Placed, which shows that television ads in the lead-up to Black Friday pushed in-store traffic.
According to the Placedreport Walmart spend about $57 million in TV ads between November 3 and 27; they saw a 34% share of retail visits, making the cost per visitor about $1.7 million. Walmart's share of visitors was nearly double that of Target, the second most visited store according to the report.
Walmart, Target, Best Buy, The Home Depot and Lowe's were the top five most visited retailers on Black Friday, but retailers Old Navy, Macy's, Victoria's Secret and JC Penney were the top 4 gainers in market share (Week Over Week).
Meanwhile, new data out from Digitalsmiths shows that television and social media are fast becoming linked. According to the data more television viewers are beginning to post about their favorite shows and viewing habits on social networks. The report reveals:
• 15.4% of US and Canadian adults posted about viewing habits (Q3 2013), up 4% over Q1
• 30% say they've watched a show because of social media buzz
• November 25 - December 1 6 million Twitter users had at least 1 impression of "The Walking Dead"
On the other side of the video coin is online video, which is also showing strong growth. According to new data out from FreeWheel long-form video (20 minutes or more) content holds a 91% completion rate; that although viewers are seeing nearly one-third more ads now than they were a year ago. On average, each long-form content piece holds 11 ads.
Image via Shutterstock
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
- Study: Tuesday/Thursday are best days for sharing
- Survey: Bitcoin making more waves
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...