News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
Don't count out television when it comes to purchase intent. That is one of the big takeaways from a new study out from Kantar Media and Placed, which shows that television ads in the lead-up to Black Friday pushed in-store traffic.
According to the Placedreport Walmart spend about $57 million in TV ads between November 3 and 27; they saw a 34% share of retail visits, making the cost per visitor about $1.7 million. Walmart's share of visitors was nearly double that of Target, the second most visited store according to the report.
Walmart, Target, Best Buy, The Home Depot and Lowe's were the top five most visited retailers on Black Friday, but retailers Old Navy, Macy's, Victoria's Secret and JC Penney were the top 4 gainers in market share (Week Over Week).
Meanwhile, new data out from Digitalsmiths shows that television and social media are fast becoming linked. According to the data more television viewers are beginning to post about their favorite shows and viewing habits on social networks. The report reveals:
• 15.4% of US and Canadian adults posted about viewing habits (Q3 2013), up 4% over Q1
• 30% say they've watched a show because of social media buzz
• November 25 - December 1 6 million Twitter users had at least 1 impression of "The Walking Dead"
On the other side of the video coin is online video, which is also showing strong growth. According to new data out from FreeWheel long-form video (20 minutes or more) content holds a 91% completion rate; that although viewers are seeing nearly one-third more ads now than they were a year ago. On average, each long-form content piece holds 11 ads.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....