News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
Don't count out television when it comes to purchase intent. That is one of the big takeaways from a new study out from Kantar Media and Placed, which shows that television ads in the lead-up to Black Friday pushed in-store traffic.
According to the Placedreport Walmart spend about $57 million in TV ads between November 3 and 27; they saw a 34% share of retail visits, making the cost per visitor about $1.7 million. Walmart's share of visitors was nearly double that of Target, the second most visited store according to the report.
Walmart, Target, Best Buy, The Home Depot and Lowe's were the top five most visited retailers on Black Friday, but retailers Old Navy, Macy's, Victoria's Secret and JC Penney were the top 4 gainers in market share (Week Over Week).
Meanwhile, new data out from Digitalsmiths shows that television and social media are fast becoming linked. According to the data more television viewers are beginning to post about their favorite shows and viewing habits on social networks. The report reveals:
• 15.4% of US and Canadian adults posted about viewing habits (Q3 2013), up 4% over Q1
• 30% say they've watched a show because of social media buzz
• November 25 - December 1 6 million Twitter users had at least 1 impression of "The Walking Dead"
On the other side of the video coin is online video, which is also showing strong growth. According to new data out from FreeWheel long-form video (20 minutes or more) content holds a 91% completion rate; that although viewers are seeing nearly one-third more ads now than they were a year ago. On average, each long-form content piece holds 11 ads.
Image via Shutterstock
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...