News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Men most likely users of NFC
Men are most likely to have - and be using - the near field communications (NFC) technology included with their mobile devices. That according to new survey data out from Deloitte. Meanwhile, double the amount of consumers have NFC options on their mobiles now than in 2012.
About one in every 30 mobile consumers say they've used near field comms (NFC) 'recently', still more than 80% who either have phones that don't support NFC or don't know anything about NFC options. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 13% of men to know about NFC and to have used it
• 7% of women say they've used NFC options
• 39% of those men who's phones support NFC have used it within the last 30 days
Meanwhile, the app wars may be nearing an end. According to the report mobile tablet users are now downloading only 2.3 apps per month - down from 2.7 in 2012 - and are spending less per month on apps by nearly half. In 2012 app users said they spent an average of $3.51 per month; in 2013 they say they spend about $1.72/month.
"What drives mobility and enables everything in the ecosystem is ultimately the wireless network," said Craig Wigginton, vice chairman and U.S. telecommunications sector leader, Deloitte LLP. "As consumers become more comfortable moving between types of networks, we anticipate a 'peaceful co-existence' between Wi-Fi and 4G to support all types of activities, be it for work, play or new types of social interactions."
According to Deloitte, speed is what keeps mobile users engaged. WiFi and 4G connections are pushing more people onto the mobile web - and reading, viewing and creating content for the space. The Global Mobile Consumer Survey found 41% of mobile users say they are willing to pay more for faster speeds.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....