News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Men most likely users of NFC
Men are most likely to have - and be using - the near field communications (NFC) technology included with their mobile devices. That according to new survey data out from Deloitte. Meanwhile, double the amount of consumers have NFC options on their mobiles now than in 2012.
About one in every 30 mobile consumers say they've used near field comms (NFC) 'recently', still more than 80% who either have phones that don't support NFC or don't know anything about NFC options. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 13% of men to know about NFC and to have used it
• 7% of women say they've used NFC options
• 39% of those men who's phones support NFC have used it within the last 30 days
Meanwhile, the app wars may be nearing an end. According to the report mobile tablet users are now downloading only 2.3 apps per month - down from 2.7 in 2012 - and are spending less per month on apps by nearly half. In 2012 app users said they spent an average of $3.51 per month; in 2013 they say they spend about $1.72/month.
"What drives mobility and enables everything in the ecosystem is ultimately the wireless network," said Craig Wigginton, vice chairman and U.S. telecommunications sector leader, Deloitte LLP. "As consumers become more comfortable moving between types of networks, we anticipate a 'peaceful co-existence' between Wi-Fi and 4G to support all types of activities, be it for work, play or new types of social interactions."
According to Deloitte, speed is what keeps mobile users engaged. WiFi and 4G connections are pushing more people onto the mobile web - and reading, viewing and creating content for the space. The Global Mobile Consumer Survey found 41% of mobile users say they are willing to pay more for faster speeds.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...