News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Many can't function without apps
From waking up in the morning to knowing what to have for lunch and even staying in contact with their church, a growing number of Americans can't function without their apps. That according to new data from Apigee. According to their 2013 Digital Impact Survey 54% of Americans 'cannot wake up on time' without an app on their phone or tablet while almost 10 million say they 'cannot maintain a relationship' without an app.
"It is no surprise that mobile is changing everyday behaviors from work to play, but this research really shows how much we rely on our smartphones to connect with friends, manage our money, and even wake up on time. It clearly demonstrates that smartphones have become an integral part of consumers' day-to-day lives," said Bryan Kirschner, director of the Apigee Institute. "As more shifts in everyday behavior occur, it will be key for every organization, from government to brick-and-mortar stores to banks to understand how they can best connect with their key audiences in the app economy."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 8.4 Americans say they 'aren't happy' without their favorite apps
• 38% are using apps to shop
• 53% use apps to making online purchases while in brick-and-mortar stores
• 66% say they're 'more likely' to shop with retailers who have apps
Most Americans are using mobile devices to connect with friends (88%) while Baby Boomers say their mobile devices have 'completely changed' how they stay in touch with people.
Other than staying in touch with friends/family, apps are wanted by many consumers to keep up to date banking information and most (51%) say they would be better citizens if their cities offered apps for things like reporting potholes and even casting election votes.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey IDs best cities for small businesses
- Expert IDs trends to watch in mobile video
- Researchers developing a super-adblocker
- Expert: How retailers can improve tentpole events
- With rise of connected Gen Y, retailers must be fit for the future
- Gaming video content audiences exceed those of HBO and ESPN
- Apple Pay adoption and use continues to wane
- Study: Mobile becoming a loyalty draw
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...