News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Many can't function without apps
From waking up in the morning to knowing what to have for lunch and even staying in contact with their church, a growing number of Americans can't function without their apps. That according to new data from Apigee. According to their 2013 Digital Impact Survey 54% of Americans 'cannot wake up on time' without an app on their phone or tablet while almost 10 million say they 'cannot maintain a relationship' without an app.
"It is no surprise that mobile is changing everyday behaviors from work to play, but this research really shows how much we rely on our smartphones to connect with friends, manage our money, and even wake up on time. It clearly demonstrates that smartphones have become an integral part of consumers' day-to-day lives," said Bryan Kirschner, director of the Apigee Institute. "As more shifts in everyday behavior occur, it will be key for every organization, from government to brick-and-mortar stores to banks to understand how they can best connect with their key audiences in the app economy."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 8.4 Americans say they 'aren't happy' without their favorite apps
• 38% are using apps to shop
• 53% use apps to making online purchases while in brick-and-mortar stores
• 66% say they're 'more likely' to shop with retailers who have apps
Most Americans are using mobile devices to connect with friends (88%) while Baby Boomers say their mobile devices have 'completely changed' how they stay in touch with people.
Other than staying in touch with friends/family, apps are wanted by many consumers to keep up to date banking information and most (51%) say they would be better citizens if their cities offered apps for things like reporting potholes and even casting election votes.
Image via Shutterstock
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
- Brands: Why you need prescriptive analytics
- Top 7 tips to increase B2B success
- How to make the most of TV ads
- Ecomm Roundup: 3 platform releases offer more control
- Top 3 tips to make the most of Instagram ads
- Study: Publishers concerned about Google, Facebook, competition
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...