News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Financial sector needs better customer experience
Social media may be the key for financial institutions looking to make a difference with their customer base - both the existing customer base and those who may be swayed to a new brand. That according to a new report commissioned by Lithium Technologies. On the bad side, the report indicates most financial brands are merely getting by on the customer experience front.
The study, conducted by Forrester Research, found that many financial sector brands are not providing the kind of customer experience that most shoppers expect in the online space.
Lithium President and Chief Executive Officer Rob Tarkoff said: "Visionary companies see increasing customer expectations as an opportunity. Savvy financial services providers like Barclaycard use the Lithium platform to engage and enlist their customers in an entirely new way --inviting them to participate in the business as partners, helping to reinvent old business models. Not only are firms like Barclaycard gaining competitive advantage by building the kind of relationships customers expect today, they're leading an entire industry by delivering a fully differentiated, disruptive customer experience."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• On average, people rate their financial institutions' 'experiences' as 'Okay'
• 66% of consumers say 'great experiences' from Brand A makes the expect great experiences from other brands
• 18-24 year olds want brands to engage via social media
• 41% say they want customer support via social media
• 39% want brands to 'listen and respond' via social
Image via Shutterstock
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...