News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Financial sector needs better customer experience
Social media may be the key for financial institutions looking to make a difference with their customer base - both the existing customer base and those who may be swayed to a new brand. That according to a new report commissioned by Lithium Technologies. On the bad side, the report indicates most financial brands are merely getting by on the customer experience front.
The study, conducted by Forrester Research, found that many financial sector brands are not providing the kind of customer experience that most shoppers expect in the online space.
Lithium President and Chief Executive Officer Rob Tarkoff said: "Visionary companies see increasing customer expectations as an opportunity. Savvy financial services providers like Barclaycard use the Lithium platform to engage and enlist their customers in an entirely new way --inviting them to participate in the business as partners, helping to reinvent old business models. Not only are firms like Barclaycard gaining competitive advantage by building the kind of relationships customers expect today, they're leading an entire industry by delivering a fully differentiated, disruptive customer experience."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• On average, people rate their financial institutions' 'experiences' as 'Okay'
• 66% of consumers say 'great experiences' from Brand A makes the expect great experiences from other brands
• 18-24 year olds want brands to engage via social media
• 41% say they want customer support via social media
• 39% want brands to 'listen and respond' via social
Image via Shutterstock
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...