News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Financial sector needs better customer experience
Social media may be the key for financial institutions looking to make a difference with their customer base - both the existing customer base and those who may be swayed to a new brand. That according to a new report commissioned by Lithium Technologies. On the bad side, the report indicates most financial brands are merely getting by on the customer experience front.
The study, conducted by Forrester Research, found that many financial sector brands are not providing the kind of customer experience that most shoppers expect in the online space.
Lithium President and Chief Executive Officer Rob Tarkoff said: "Visionary companies see increasing customer expectations as an opportunity. Savvy financial services providers like Barclaycard use the Lithium platform to engage and enlist their customers in an entirely new way --inviting them to participate in the business as partners, helping to reinvent old business models. Not only are firms like Barclaycard gaining competitive advantage by building the kind of relationships customers expect today, they're leading an entire industry by delivering a fully differentiated, disruptive customer experience."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• On average, people rate their financial institutions' 'experiences' as 'Okay'
• 66% of consumers say 'great experiences' from Brand A makes the expect great experiences from other brands
• 18-24 year olds want brands to engage via social media
• 41% say they want customer support via social media
• 39% want brands to 'listen and respond' via social
Image via Shutterstock
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
- Top tips to improve ad performance
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...