News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Breakthrough Moments pushing engagement
Breakthrough Moments - or those times in a game when it is 'natural' for a player to engage with an ad or branded message - may be more important than some thought. According to new data out from MediaBrix, Breakthrough Moments (BTMs) are returning eCPM averages of more than 100% the industry average for many developers.
Breakthrough Moments - like when a gamer gets a new high score or completes a level - have been identified as places that are 'natural' for branded messages. New data out from MediaBrix indicates these BTMs are pushing higher eCPM rates, because the ads come at a non-intrusive place rather than disrupting the player.
"BTMs enhance the content-rich experience of YOU DON'T KNOW JACK, while contributing to the bottom line in a way that fans actually enjoy. That's huge," said Marc Blumer, Director of Marketing, Jackbox Games. "They provide us the opportunity to run high-impact brand advertising, offering us the best eCPMs and user retention of any of our advertising partners. The MediaBrix team is like an extension of our own, and they are professional, reliable and have found a way to tailor products to both brands and developers alike."
"With the large number of apps and games launching across different devices and platforms, developers face much higher barriers to entry with increasing complexity and have trouble monetizing with low eCPMs from standard ads and IAP alone," said Ari Brandt, CEO and Co-Founder, MediaBrix. "We are confident that our approach to in-game advertising will continue to provide developers with a more effective way to garner higher eCPMs and more consistent revenue through additive, impactful ads from the world's best brands."
Some interesting takeaways from the MediaBrix Data:
• Kill All Zombies game by BitterByte Games makes 80% of ad revenue from BTMs
• On average, BTM eCPMs generate $200 for cross-platform in-game ad campaigns
• Average eCPMs are 180% higher than industry averages
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...