News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Breakthrough Moments pushing engagement
Breakthrough Moments - or those times in a game when it is 'natural' for a player to engage with an ad or branded message - may be more important than some thought. According to new data out from MediaBrix, Breakthrough Moments (BTMs) are returning eCPM averages of more than 100% the industry average for many developers.
Breakthrough Moments - like when a gamer gets a new high score or completes a level - have been identified as places that are 'natural' for branded messages. New data out from MediaBrix indicates these BTMs are pushing higher eCPM rates, because the ads come at a non-intrusive place rather than disrupting the player.
"BTMs enhance the content-rich experience of YOU DON'T KNOW JACK, while contributing to the bottom line in a way that fans actually enjoy. That's huge," said Marc Blumer, Director of Marketing, Jackbox Games. "They provide us the opportunity to run high-impact brand advertising, offering us the best eCPMs and user retention of any of our advertising partners. The MediaBrix team is like an extension of our own, and they are professional, reliable and have found a way to tailor products to both brands and developers alike."
"With the large number of apps and games launching across different devices and platforms, developers face much higher barriers to entry with increasing complexity and have trouble monetizing with low eCPMs from standard ads and IAP alone," said Ari Brandt, CEO and Co-Founder, MediaBrix. "We are confident that our approach to in-game advertising will continue to provide developers with a more effective way to garner higher eCPMs and more consistent revenue through additive, impactful ads from the world's best brands."
Some interesting takeaways from the MediaBrix Data:
• Kill All Zombies game by BitterByte Games makes 80% of ad revenue from BTMs
• On average, BTM eCPMs generate $200 for cross-platform in-game ad campaigns
• Average eCPMs are 180% higher than industry averages
Image via Shutterstock
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...
- Motivations in the Marketing Mix
Direct targeting of consumers based on their motivations increased message relevance....
- 10 New Ways to Think About Affiliate Marketing Best Practices
Affiliate marketing is big business and it is poised to grow to $4.5 billion by 2016. While affiliate marketing is...
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...