News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
Print media may be being overtaken by digital, but the printed catalog continues to play an important role in the purchase process, according to new figures released by the Australian Catalogue Association.
Recent research reveals the number of catalogs being produced and distributed is dropping. The Direct Marketing Association's latest figures reveal the numbers mailed last year were the lowest since tracking began in 2001, dropping to 11.8 billion from a high of 19.6 billion in 2007.
However, for retailers looking to deliver maximum value to consumers over the festive period, catalogs remain an essential element, advises the Australian Catalogue Association.
Their latest research reveals that 85% of Australians are happy to receive catalogs and 73% said catalogs played a role in helping them find the best prices and save money.
In the U.S. similar research from global management consulting firm Kurt Salmon found that 86% of women have made a purchase having first seen a product in a printed catalog. Furthermore, over half (58%) continue to use catalogs to discover ideas and a third (31%) have a printed catalog in their hand while making an online purchase.
According to Kellie Northwood, Australian Catalogue Association Executive Director, retailers in Australia have become more effective with their catalog timing and distribution, "ensuring what arrives in the letter box is most relevant to that specific household".
As retailers face tough competition, this medium remains one the most effective communication channels to consumers, with proven return on investment," said Northwood.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....