News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
Print media may be being overtaken by digital, but the printed catalog continues to play an important role in the purchase process, according to new figures released by the Australian Catalogue Association.
Recent research reveals the number of catalogs being produced and distributed is dropping. The Direct Marketing Association's latest figures reveal the numbers mailed last year were the lowest since tracking began in 2001, dropping to 11.8 billion from a high of 19.6 billion in 2007.
However, for retailers looking to deliver maximum value to consumers over the festive period, catalogs remain an essential element, advises the Australian Catalogue Association.
Their latest research reveals that 85% of Australians are happy to receive catalogs and 73% said catalogs played a role in helping them find the best prices and save money.
In the U.S. similar research from global management consulting firm Kurt Salmon found that 86% of women have made a purchase having first seen a product in a printed catalog. Furthermore, over half (58%) continue to use catalogs to discover ideas and a third (31%) have a printed catalog in their hand while making an online purchase.
According to Kellie Northwood, Australian Catalogue Association Executive Director, retailers in Australia have become more effective with their catalog timing and distribution, "ensuring what arrives in the letter box is most relevant to that specific household".
As retailers face tough competition, this medium remains one the most effective communication channels to consumers, with proven return on investment," said Northwood.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...