News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
Print media may be being overtaken by digital, but the printed catalog continues to play an important role in the purchase process, according to new figures released by the Australian Catalogue Association.
Recent research reveals the number of catalogs being produced and distributed is dropping. The Direct Marketing Association's latest figures reveal the numbers mailed last year were the lowest since tracking began in 2001, dropping to 11.8 billion from a high of 19.6 billion in 2007.
However, for retailers looking to deliver maximum value to consumers over the festive period, catalogs remain an essential element, advises the Australian Catalogue Association.
Their latest research reveals that 85% of Australians are happy to receive catalogs and 73% said catalogs played a role in helping them find the best prices and save money.
In the U.S. similar research from global management consulting firm Kurt Salmon found that 86% of women have made a purchase having first seen a product in a printed catalog. Furthermore, over half (58%) continue to use catalogs to discover ideas and a third (31%) have a printed catalog in their hand while making an online purchase.
According to Kellie Northwood, Australian Catalogue Association Executive Director, retailers in Australia have become more effective with their catalog timing and distribution, "ensuring what arrives in the letter box is most relevant to that specific household".
As retailers face tough competition, this medium remains one the most effective communication channels to consumers, with proven return on investment," said Northwood.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...