News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Native advertising - publishers lead the way
A recent survey of professionals working in publishing, PR and advertising agencies found that while almost two-thirds of publishers offer native advertising, only a third of agencies provide it as a service.
Native advertising exchange Hexagram and specialist research and PR consultancy Spada recently released the results of a survey of 1,000 publishing, PR and advertising professionals. The resulting report, "The State of Native Advertising 2014", reveals that 62% of publishers offer native advertising.
In fact, native advertising currently represents approximately 20% of total current publisher revenues which is expected to rise to 30% within the next 12 months. Blog posts (65%), articles (63%) and Facebook (56%) were found to be the most popular forms of native advertising. The most popular way of signposting ad content was through the use of the tags 'sponsored' (64%), followed by 'brought to you by' (34%) or 'featured' (29%).
However, while 81% of agencies believing native advertising adds value for customers, just 34% offer it as a service.
"As with any new market, there are entities that are quick to realize potential, and those that get left behind," said Chris Ingham Brooke, founder and CEO of Hexagram.
"Importantly, it can take time for new formats and media to catch on - this happened with display advertising and it is happening now with mobile. Faced with commoditization from display advertising, combined with an ability to create content, it's no surprise that publishers are leading the way."
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....