News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
A new survey carried out by the Internet Advertising Bureau UK and research agency Work reveals a large number of UK media agencies claim new budgets are being allocated for mobile.
According to the IAB UK's head of mobile, Alex Kozloff, the fact that 40% of UK media agency employees now claim to have a budget specifically for mobile means the medium can only go from strength to strength.
The survey of 300 media agency employees, now in its sixth year, helps gauge current knowledge surrounding mobile advertising and delves into agencies understanding of the medium.
It found that UK media agency employees are now far more confident in their knowledge of mobile with an increase in average understanding up by 28% to an all-time high of 64%.
Furthermore, mobile is now a common part of client proposals among 40% of media agencies and, for 20%, the channel is now a regular part of their business.
However, there's still a way to go with regards to mobile privacy and brand safety. Almost half of the 300 agency employees (48%) said they had "no experience" of mobile privacy and 39% had no experience of responsive web design.
The future of mobile within agencies looks promising with employees excited about developments in mobile advertising such as near-field communications, targeting and native advertising.
- eSports' social following growing faster than traditional sports
- Omnichannel retail strategy key to SME success
- UK: Post-Brexit sees rise in overseas online orders
- Study: Time spent with top 100 apps up 10%
- Report: Best practices for loyalty programs
- Expert: How ad blocking is affecting brands now
- Google will penalize mobile websites with pesky pop-ups
- Expert: Brands can recover from endorsement scandal
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...