News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Thanksgiving/Black Friday paid search data suggests mobile revolution
Thanksgiving and Black Friday data is starting to filter through and key findings from Kenshoo's analysis of retail paid search reveals big increases in click volume and retailer spend.
According to Aaron Goldman, Kenshoo CMO, shopping behavior has not simply migrated to mobile, "it's a full on revolution".
His comments come as part of an announcement about paid search spending during the recent holiday of Thanksgiving and the store-frenzy day that is Black Friday.
According to Kenshoo's recently released paid search data, mobile devices accounted for a much more significant share of spend, clicks and revenue this year than last. In November, 2012, through to Cyber Monday, 2012, marketers spent 79.5% of their paid search budgets on PCs such as laptops, desktops and notebooks. Just 11.8% was allocated to mobile phones and 8.7% to tablets.
This year, Kenshoo found the rate of change to be "astounding". While the vast majority of paid search ad spend was allocated to PCs, it fell by 24.1% to 60.3% while mobile phone and tablet budget spend grew significantly. This year, 21.2% of total paid search spend went on mobile phones and 18.5% on tablets, a year-on-year rise of 79.1% and 113.6% respectively.
"With phones and tablets accounting for nearly 40% of all paid search ad spend on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, it's clear marketers have multi-device strategies in place to lure consumers wherever and whenever they're shopping," said Goldman.
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
- Report: Analysis high on B2Bers New Year List
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...