News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Thanksgiving/Black Friday paid search data suggests mobile revolution
Thanksgiving and Black Friday data is starting to filter through and key findings from Kenshoo's analysis of retail paid search reveals big increases in click volume and retailer spend.
According to Aaron Goldman, Kenshoo CMO, shopping behavior has not simply migrated to mobile, "it's a full on revolution".
His comments come as part of an announcement about paid search spending during the recent holiday of Thanksgiving and the store-frenzy day that is Black Friday.
According to Kenshoo's recently released paid search data, mobile devices accounted for a much more significant share of spend, clicks and revenue this year than last. In November, 2012, through to Cyber Monday, 2012, marketers spent 79.5% of their paid search budgets on PCs such as laptops, desktops and notebooks. Just 11.8% was allocated to mobile phones and 8.7% to tablets.
This year, Kenshoo found the rate of change to be "astounding". While the vast majority of paid search ad spend was allocated to PCs, it fell by 24.1% to 60.3% while mobile phone and tablet budget spend grew significantly. This year, 21.2% of total paid search spend went on mobile phones and 18.5% on tablets, a year-on-year rise of 79.1% and 113.6% respectively.
"With phones and tablets accounting for nearly 40% of all paid search ad spend on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, it's clear marketers have multi-device strategies in place to lure consumers wherever and whenever they're shopping," said Goldman.
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...