News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Thanksgiving/Black Friday paid search data suggests mobile revolution
Thanksgiving and Black Friday data is starting to filter through and key findings from Kenshoo's analysis of retail paid search reveals big increases in click volume and retailer spend.
According to Aaron Goldman, Kenshoo CMO, shopping behavior has not simply migrated to mobile, "it's a full on revolution".
His comments come as part of an announcement about paid search spending during the recent holiday of Thanksgiving and the store-frenzy day that is Black Friday.
According to Kenshoo's recently released paid search data, mobile devices accounted for a much more significant share of spend, clicks and revenue this year than last. In November, 2012, through to Cyber Monday, 2012, marketers spent 79.5% of their paid search budgets on PCs such as laptops, desktops and notebooks. Just 11.8% was allocated to mobile phones and 8.7% to tablets.
This year, Kenshoo found the rate of change to be "astounding". While the vast majority of paid search ad spend was allocated to PCs, it fell by 24.1% to 60.3% while mobile phone and tablet budget spend grew significantly. This year, 21.2% of total paid search spend went on mobile phones and 18.5% on tablets, a year-on-year rise of 79.1% and 113.6% respectively.
"With phones and tablets accounting for nearly 40% of all paid search ad spend on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, it's clear marketers have multi-device strategies in place to lure consumers wherever and whenever they're shopping," said Goldman.
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...