News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Thanksgiving/Black Friday paid search data suggests mobile revolution
Thanksgiving and Black Friday data is starting to filter through and key findings from Kenshoo's analysis of retail paid search reveals big increases in click volume and retailer spend.
According to Aaron Goldman, Kenshoo CMO, shopping behavior has not simply migrated to mobile, "it's a full on revolution".
His comments come as part of an announcement about paid search spending during the recent holiday of Thanksgiving and the store-frenzy day that is Black Friday.
According to Kenshoo's recently released paid search data, mobile devices accounted for a much more significant share of spend, clicks and revenue this year than last. In November, 2012, through to Cyber Monday, 2012, marketers spent 79.5% of their paid search budgets on PCs such as laptops, desktops and notebooks. Just 11.8% was allocated to mobile phones and 8.7% to tablets.
This year, Kenshoo found the rate of change to be "astounding". While the vast majority of paid search ad spend was allocated to PCs, it fell by 24.1% to 60.3% while mobile phone and tablet budget spend grew significantly. This year, 21.2% of total paid search spend went on mobile phones and 18.5% on tablets, a year-on-year rise of 79.1% and 113.6% respectively.
"With phones and tablets accounting for nearly 40% of all paid search ad spend on Thanksgiving and Black Friday, it's clear marketers have multi-device strategies in place to lure consumers wherever and whenever they're shopping," said Goldman.
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...