News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to reduce the bounce
The 2013 holiday shopping season is burning right along with a few $1 billion shopping days already in the books. According to data from MarketLive, the retailers on their platform are seeing 32% more revenue, 17% more visits and 2.4% higher conversion rates.
One problem more retailers are seeing? Bouncing consumers. And these shoppers aren't bouncing with joy - they are bouncing right out of the store. Even before the holiday season some retailers were seeing more shoppers come into a store - or land on a website - and leave without making a purchase within five minutes.
BrightInfo has compiled a new infographic offering insight into how brands can reduce the bounce rate. That, in turn, could increase their revenue numbers. First the bouncing numbers - the data shows at least 60% of landing page visitors bounce out of a store without purchasing, and of those who bounce nearly all (98%) never return.
Much of the bouncing is due to irrelevant items on display. Step one in decreasing the bounce, then, is to increase the relevance for those landing pages. Offering personalized landing pages is a good idea, but for brands who don't have those capabilities, another option is to offer alternative content which is easy to click and view.
Brands should also increase the targeting of ads, ensuring landing page content is relevant to those ads and optimize the pages so that the content is focus and easy to understand. Shoppers are busy, so shorter may be better.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...