News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to reduce the bounce
The 2013 holiday shopping season is burning right along with a few $1 billion shopping days already in the books. According to data from MarketLive, the retailers on their platform are seeing 32% more revenue, 17% more visits and 2.4% higher conversion rates.
One problem more retailers are seeing? Bouncing consumers. And these shoppers aren't bouncing with joy - they are bouncing right out of the store. Even before the holiday season some retailers were seeing more shoppers come into a store - or land on a website - and leave without making a purchase within five minutes.
BrightInfo has compiled a new infographic offering insight into how brands can reduce the bounce rate. That, in turn, could increase their revenue numbers. First the bouncing numbers - the data shows at least 60% of landing page visitors bounce out of a store without purchasing, and of those who bounce nearly all (98%) never return.
Much of the bouncing is due to irrelevant items on display. Step one in decreasing the bounce, then, is to increase the relevance for those landing pages. Offering personalized landing pages is a good idea, but for brands who don't have those capabilities, another option is to offer alternative content which is easy to click and view.
Brands should also increase the targeting of ads, ensuring landing page content is relevant to those ads and optimize the pages so that the content is focus and easy to understand. Shoppers are busy, so shorter may be better.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....