News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to reduce the bounce
The 2013 holiday shopping season is burning right along with a few $1 billion shopping days already in the books. According to data from MarketLive, the retailers on their platform are seeing 32% more revenue, 17% more visits and 2.4% higher conversion rates.
One problem more retailers are seeing? Bouncing consumers. And these shoppers aren't bouncing with joy - they are bouncing right out of the store. Even before the holiday season some retailers were seeing more shoppers come into a store - or land on a website - and leave without making a purchase within five minutes.
BrightInfo has compiled a new infographic offering insight into how brands can reduce the bounce rate. That, in turn, could increase their revenue numbers. First the bouncing numbers - the data shows at least 60% of landing page visitors bounce out of a store without purchasing, and of those who bounce nearly all (98%) never return.
Much of the bouncing is due to irrelevant items on display. Step one in decreasing the bounce, then, is to increase the relevance for those landing pages. Offering personalized landing pages is a good idea, but for brands who don't have those capabilities, another option is to offer alternative content which is easy to click and view.
Brands should also increase the targeting of ads, ensuring landing page content is relevant to those ads and optimize the pages so that the content is focus and easy to understand. Shoppers are busy, so shorter may be better.
Image via Shutterstock
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...