News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to make data work for you
Increasingly, users and customers are creating and consuming content on mobile devices every day. This can make it difficult for advertisers and brands to find users with engaging and relevant - and device sensitive - content.
Kristina: What trends are you seeing from SMBs through the last half of 2013 in regard to marketing and analytics? What do you expect to see in 2014?
Steve Kearns, Director of Product Management, >DataGravity: SMBs are looking for lighter weight ways to do more with the data they are already creating and capturing. For some, this involves investment in more sophisticated visualization tools, empowering existing employees. For others, the draw of the cloud is that they can outsource some of the data science, and focus on using insights their service providers uncover. In 2014, I think we'll see more organizations wanting to be directly involved in the insight generation process - the future of their business depends on it.
Steve Pogorzelski, CEO, ClickFuel: Analytics will continue to evolve and become more insightful in the upcoming year. The ability to tie the impact of digital marketing to the sales funnel has never been more in reach for the small and mid-sized business owner. Marketing dashboards are becoming more ubiquitous and a standard part of advertising agency offerings empowering the SMB with action and insight that was unprecedented a few short years ago.
Kristina: In preparation for 2014, how can SMBs become more prepared?
Steve P: SMBs should prepare for 2014 by evaluating their digital presence: Does my website need updating? Is my company information on digital listing sites up-to-date and accurate? Do I need a new business email template? Am I well represented and active on social media? And most importantly, what's my plan to use the Internet to grow my business in 2014?
Image via Shutterstock
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...