News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to make data work for you
Increasingly, users and customers are creating and consuming content on mobile devices every day. This can make it difficult for advertisers and brands to find users with engaging and relevant - and device sensitive - content.
Kristina: What trends are you seeing from SMBs through the last half of 2013 in regard to marketing and analytics? What do you expect to see in 2014?
Steve Kearns, Director of Product Management, >DataGravity: SMBs are looking for lighter weight ways to do more with the data they are already creating and capturing. For some, this involves investment in more sophisticated visualization tools, empowering existing employees. For others, the draw of the cloud is that they can outsource some of the data science, and focus on using insights their service providers uncover. In 2014, I think we'll see more organizations wanting to be directly involved in the insight generation process - the future of their business depends on it.
Steve Pogorzelski, CEO, ClickFuel: Analytics will continue to evolve and become more insightful in the upcoming year. The ability to tie the impact of digital marketing to the sales funnel has never been more in reach for the small and mid-sized business owner. Marketing dashboards are becoming more ubiquitous and a standard part of advertising agency offerings empowering the SMB with action and insight that was unprecedented a few short years ago.
Kristina: In preparation for 2014, how can SMBs become more prepared?
Steve P: SMBs should prepare for 2014 by evaluating their digital presence: Does my website need updating? Is my company information on digital listing sites up-to-date and accurate? Do I need a new business email template? Am I well represented and active on social media? And most importantly, what's my plan to use the Internet to grow my business in 2014?
Image via Shutterstock
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...