News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to make data work for you
Increasingly, users and customers are creating and consuming content on mobile devices every day. This can make it difficult for advertisers and brands to find users with engaging and relevant - and device sensitive - content.
Kristina: What trends are you seeing from SMBs through the last half of 2013 in regard to marketing and analytics? What do you expect to see in 2014?
Steve Kearns, Director of Product Management, >DataGravity: SMBs are looking for lighter weight ways to do more with the data they are already creating and capturing. For some, this involves investment in more sophisticated visualization tools, empowering existing employees. For others, the draw of the cloud is that they can outsource some of the data science, and focus on using insights their service providers uncover. In 2014, I think we'll see more organizations wanting to be directly involved in the insight generation process - the future of their business depends on it.
Steve Pogorzelski, CEO, ClickFuel: Analytics will continue to evolve and become more insightful in the upcoming year. The ability to tie the impact of digital marketing to the sales funnel has never been more in reach for the small and mid-sized business owner. Marketing dashboards are becoming more ubiquitous and a standard part of advertising agency offerings empowering the SMB with action and insight that was unprecedented a few short years ago.
Kristina: In preparation for 2014, how can SMBs become more prepared?
Steve P: SMBs should prepare for 2014 by evaluating their digital presence: Does my website need updating? Is my company information on digital listing sites up-to-date and accurate? Do I need a new business email template? Am I well represented and active on social media? And most importantly, what's my plan to use the Internet to grow my business in 2014?
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...