News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: 77% increase in native social ad revs
By the end of 2013, BIA/Kelsey predicts native social ad revenues will surpass the $2 billion mark - a 77% increase Year over Year (YoY). In fact, that pushes native social ad revenues past social display revenues - social display has been the ad leader to date.
Look for the mobile ad space to continue to expand over the next three years, especially the mobile social space. According to a new BIA/Kelsey report the mobile space is pushing revenues lines from native social ad revenue. As more consumers switch to mobile and engage with social networks across mobile devices, these ads are pushing engagement and interactivity.
"Display remains the most prevalent form of social advertising throughout our forecast," said Jed Williams, VP, consulting, BIA/Kelsey. "At the same time, native advertising formats are quickly emerging as alternatives to display that can generate better engagement and performance. The rapid growth in native is further accelerated by the widespread usage of social networks on mobile devices."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• Social Display Ad revenues will increase 12% between 2013 and 2017 ($4.3b to $6.8b)
• Native Social Ad revenues will increase from $2.4b (2013) to $5b (2017), a 20% increase
• Overall mobile social ad revenues will increase 21% to reach $3.5b (2017)
For the entire social media space, the BIA/Kelsey forecast predict a combined annual growth rate of more than 15%. US social media ad revenues are expected to push to nearly $12 billion by 2017.
Image via Shutterstock
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...