News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: 77% increase in native social ad revs
By the end of 2013, BIA/Kelsey predicts native social ad revenues will surpass the $2 billion mark - a 77% increase Year over Year (YoY). In fact, that pushes native social ad revenues past social display revenues - social display has been the ad leader to date.
Look for the mobile ad space to continue to expand over the next three years, especially the mobile social space. According to a new BIA/Kelsey report the mobile space is pushing revenues lines from native social ad revenue. As more consumers switch to mobile and engage with social networks across mobile devices, these ads are pushing engagement and interactivity.
"Display remains the most prevalent form of social advertising throughout our forecast," said Jed Williams, VP, consulting, BIA/Kelsey. "At the same time, native advertising formats are quickly emerging as alternatives to display that can generate better engagement and performance. The rapid growth in native is further accelerated by the widespread usage of social networks on mobile devices."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• Social Display Ad revenues will increase 12% between 2013 and 2017 ($4.3b to $6.8b)
• Native Social Ad revenues will increase from $2.4b (2013) to $5b (2017), a 20% increase
• Overall mobile social ad revenues will increase 21% to reach $3.5b (2017)
For the entire social media space, the BIA/Kelsey forecast predict a combined annual growth rate of more than 15%. US social media ad revenues are expected to push to nearly $12 billion by 2017.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....