News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Teens may be losing interest in Facebook but according to a new survey the social network is, by far and away, the most popular mobile phone app out there.
When Consumer Intelligence Research Partners surveyed 500 people who had recently activated a mobile phone (during Q3 2013), almost half (45%) of smarthphone users cited Facebook as their most frequently used app. Usage was shown to be almost four times that of the next most popular mobile app, Twitter (13%), while the video game "Candy Crush Saga" was most-used among 11%.
Facebook also dominated among companies that develop apps with its photo-sharing app Instagram in fourth place with 8%. Furthermore, over half (54%) of respondents cited the Facebook app, Instagram, or both as most frequently used.
"Facebook just dominates mobile phones, in terms of most frequent use, not just downloads," said Consumer Intelligence Research Partners co-founder and partner Mike Levin.
"For most other apps, including some well-known ones like YouTube and Pandora, fewer than 10% of phone buyers included them among the most frequently used."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...