News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Teens may be losing interest in Facebook but according to a new survey the social network is, by far and away, the most popular mobile phone app out there.
When Consumer Intelligence Research Partners surveyed 500 people who had recently activated a mobile phone (during Q3 2013), almost half (45%) of smarthphone users cited Facebook as their most frequently used app. Usage was shown to be almost four times that of the next most popular mobile app, Twitter (13%), while the video game "Candy Crush Saga" was most-used among 11%.
Facebook also dominated among companies that develop apps with its photo-sharing app Instagram in fourth place with 8%. Furthermore, over half (54%) of respondents cited the Facebook app, Instagram, or both as most frequently used.
"Facebook just dominates mobile phones, in terms of most frequent use, not just downloads," said Consumer Intelligence Research Partners co-founder and partner Mike Levin.
"For most other apps, including some well-known ones like YouTube and Pandora, fewer than 10% of phone buyers included them among the most frequently used."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...