News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Teens may be losing interest in Facebook but according to a new survey the social network is, by far and away, the most popular mobile phone app out there.
When Consumer Intelligence Research Partners surveyed 500 people who had recently activated a mobile phone (during Q3 2013), almost half (45%) of smarthphone users cited Facebook as their most frequently used app. Usage was shown to be almost four times that of the next most popular mobile app, Twitter (13%), while the video game "Candy Crush Saga" was most-used among 11%.
Facebook also dominated among companies that develop apps with its photo-sharing app Instagram in fourth place with 8%. Furthermore, over half (54%) of respondents cited the Facebook app, Instagram, or both as most frequently used.
"Facebook just dominates mobile phones, in terms of most frequent use, not just downloads," said Consumer Intelligence Research Partners co-founder and partner Mike Levin.
"For most other apps, including some well-known ones like YouTube and Pandora, fewer than 10% of phone buyers included them among the most frequently used."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
- Platforms enhance mobile experience
- Few marketers plan for social media negativity
- Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....