News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: Look for social to become ad-dominant
According to one expert social is going to become a bigger player in 2014 - and not just with people looking to stay connected to their friends and family. Because of consumer use, more brands will move into the social ad space bringing with them additional ads, content and interactions.
"We will see a continued growth in advertising within content feeds, a la Facebook and Twitter -- This will become the new dominant ad format for mobile across the open web," said Patrick Keane, President of Sharethrough. "Major media companies like Time Inc., IBT Media, and USA Today Sports Media Group are already engaging in this type of advertising, and we will continue to see it proliferate. With mobile advertising revenue continuing to rise, and banner ads on mobile a non-starter, this type of advertising will emerge as the solution."
This shift will push more brands to become a new kind of media companies - creating their own ad, editorial and interactive content to engage consumers.
"Brands will create more content than ever. From real-time marketing to multi channel campaigns, modern brands will realize the in order to stay top of mind, they need to consistently release new content," said Keane. "Shift from monologue to dialogue with consumers--As brands start to interact with consumers in real-time there will be more opportunities for dialogue This means heightened importance on continual discussion and real-time conversations on social networks."
And it won't be advertisers who will be using more of the social space - look for more people to push into social, sharing pictures, user-generated videos and other low-tech social interactions. 2) Rise of low-tech social videos--The rise of Vine and Instagram have created opportunities for brands to act more and more like humans. Especially on mobile, highly produced long form video will give way to consistent snackable low-tech videos.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...