News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: How to improve customer experience
The mobile web, according to one expert, is one place that will test brands' strategy while at the same time offering unprecedented access to consumers. Through app-based surveys and geo-fenced targeting, the mobile web may open retailers' customer relationships.
"The dominance of mobile technologies and social media has created feedback loops that are spontaneous and public -- whether it's someone who responds to your SMS survey or writes a negative tweet about your company. Acting equally quickly to respond and improve these relationships has become a make-or-break necessity for companies focused on customer experience," said Michelle de Haaff, Medallia's VP of Marketing. "As text analytics of unstructured data becomes more and more accurate and scalable in the coming year, these companies will be able to close loops faster than ever before."
de Haaff believes much of this feedback could be delivered thanks to geo-fencing. To this point, most retailers have used geo-fencing to target specific ads to people within a certain radius of their store. She believes now retailers will begin using geo-fencing to send surveys and feedback forms to customers who can then offer instant feedback in exchange for coupons or discounts.
And, one more trend in the customer experience space: CEM software that gives brands the ability to split-test on smaller groups of shoppers.
"CEM software allows companies to do this on a hyper-granular level. A hotel chain could put a new entertainment system in rooms on one floor and see how the experience of customers in those rooms differed from those in others. A large retailer could change the checkout experience in one location to see if it could improve customer satisfaction in all its stores. By leveraging CEM technology in this way, A/B testing has a whole new future in the offline world," said de Haaff.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...