News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: 2014 is the Year of Accountability
According to one expert 2014 will be the year of accountability. Digital advertising is "growing up", platforms are available to help prevent and control fraud and more brands are taking an active role in fraud protection.
"In 2013 we saw the industry's awareness of digital fraud go up. In 2014 brands and agencies will no longer turn a blind eye to fraud, understanding that ads that are served to non-humans are a waste of their budget," said David Hahn, SVP, Product Management, Integral Ad Science. "Cutting edge technology will be commonly used by all industry players as the norm, which will lower the fraud to manageable levels."
Hahn also believes attribution will be intrinsically changed as brand look beyond viewability and into the cause and effect of online campaigns - ad sequencing, the reason behind consumer actions and conversions. This, in turn, should help push campaign ROI higher, says Hahn.
And, finally, quality will begin driving results.
"With all the data that is now available, brands and agencies will no longer "gamble" on the quality of media, understanding that the "gamble" will cost them in brand reputation and campaign results. Data will be utilized to mitigate risky advertising as well as to drive ROI," said Hahn.
This may push more premium inventory to programmatic.
"Brands look to gain control over their digital marketing by leveraging technology themselves - The year of accountability will help strike a new balance between agencies and brands. As brands get more involved with digital industry topics, agencies will be held accountable and up their game accordingly. Brands that will feel that their agencies are not tackling the issues head-on will be taking control and bring more of the work in house," said Hahn.
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
- Mobile plays significant role in the shopping habits of Boomers and Seniors
- Brands: Why Facebook ads may not be a cure-all
- Studies: Web performance impacting experience, Responsive Design slowing mobile sites
- Retailers lose a third of consumers through in-store smartphone use
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...