News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ecommerce heads strong into Christmas Week
The billion dollar days keep adding up. According to the latest data from comScore for the first time ever in a week-long period, 5 individual days reached the $1 billion mark. There have now been 10 $1 billion days during the 2013 holiday shopping season.
"While we have seen solid growth during the days between Monday and Friday, weekend growth rates have surged to nearly 4x what we're seeing during the work weeks," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "There are a few likely explanations for the robust weekend shopping we're seeing. The first is that with six fewer days between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, consumers who are pressured to get their shopping done in less time are simply increasing their offline shopping on the weekends. Another explanation is that because of the shortened season frenzy, perhaps some consumers are opting to shop from home and avoid the long store lines. Finally, with so many consumers now adept at using their mobile devices to 'showroom', a higher number than in previous years may be 'touching and feeling' products in-store before completing their transactions online."
Meanwhile, from the latest Custora Pulse, data showing 13% growth for the week of December 15 while traffic to ecommerce hubs increased by 23%. Interestingly enough, about one-third of those visits were made via a mobile device.
Other interesting findings from the Pulse include:
• 80% of mobile orders were made from an Apple device
• 1 in 3 orders originated from mobile devices (2013) vs. 1 in 4 from the 2012 holiday period
• Ecommerce conversion rates remain steady at 2.6%
Image via Shutterstock
- Retailers can convert 'window shoppers' with real-time analytics
- Mobile use during dining experience researched
- Ad Roundup: Programmatic making strides
- Report: Mobile shoppers do it in bed
- Reports highlight what may, may not work this holiday
- Study: Shoppers don't trust traditional marketing
- Top tips to build buzz from online events
- Early success for Instagram advertising
Featured White Papers
- What should drive email Frequency
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email activity and engagement metrics across four similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email...
- The Design Advantage
Design is more than just an artistic endeavor. It is a philosophy and culture that influences every business decision. Companies...