News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
An online ad buying and creation company has conducted side-by-side comparisons of Google's template-driven ads with custom ads created through their own ad platform. The results are revealing.
The company, Dispop, wanted to ascertain how its custom ad service measured up to Google's auto-generated online display ads. Dispop's self-service platform enables advertisers to crowdsource custom display ad creative from designers, something that SMBs will find attractive.
To make the comparison, Dispop ran two campaigns based on 250k impressions - one running custom creative from the Dispop platform and the other using Google template creative on the Google ad network. Both campaigns ran on sites under the categories Weight Loss and Health News targeting those between the ages of 25 and 54.
The results? Well, according to Dispop, their custom creative ad (pictured on the right) had a click-through rate of 0.15% compared to Google's 0.07%. Furthermore, their conversions were almost double Google's - 18 vs. 10.
"Google's templatized approach to ad creation significantly hinders campaign success and lowers the quality of how a brand is perceived online and our results clearly support this claim," said said Ayal Ebert, CEO and founder of Dispop.
Check out Dispop's blog post on way in which you can make your custom display ads pack more of a punch, including providing a call to action, highlighting unique selling points and optimizing for mobile.
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...