News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
An online ad buying and creation company has conducted side-by-side comparisons of Google's template-driven ads with custom ads created through their own ad platform. The results are revealing.
The company, Dispop, wanted to ascertain how its custom ad service measured up to Google's auto-generated online display ads. Dispop's self-service platform enables advertisers to crowdsource custom display ad creative from designers, something that SMBs will find attractive.
To make the comparison, Dispop ran two campaigns based on 250k impressions - one running custom creative from the Dispop platform and the other using Google template creative on the Google ad network. Both campaigns ran on sites under the categories Weight Loss and Health News targeting those between the ages of 25 and 54.
The results? Well, according to Dispop, their custom creative ad (pictured on the right) had a click-through rate of 0.15% compared to Google's 0.07%. Furthermore, their conversions were almost double Google's - 18 vs. 10.
"Google's templatized approach to ad creation significantly hinders campaign success and lowers the quality of how a brand is perceived online and our results clearly support this claim," said said Ayal Ebert, CEO and founder of Dispop.
Check out Dispop's blog post on way in which you can make your custom display ads pack more of a punch, including providing a call to action, highlighting unique selling points and optimizing for mobile.
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
- Study: Shoppers want email contact
- New eBay ad targeting tool knows what mood a shopper is in
- Ad Roundup: Data key to new launches
- Top 3 tips to improve travel marketing strategy
- Millennials embrace marketing emails via mobile
- Video posts overtake photo posts by brands on Facebook
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....