News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
An online ad buying and creation company has conducted side-by-side comparisons of Google's template-driven ads with custom ads created through their own ad platform. The results are revealing.
The company, Dispop, wanted to ascertain how its custom ad service measured up to Google's auto-generated online display ads. Dispop's self-service platform enables advertisers to crowdsource custom display ad creative from designers, something that SMBs will find attractive.
To make the comparison, Dispop ran two campaigns based on 250k impressions - one running custom creative from the Dispop platform and the other using Google template creative on the Google ad network. Both campaigns ran on sites under the categories Weight Loss and Health News targeting those between the ages of 25 and 54.
The results? Well, according to Dispop, their custom creative ad (pictured on the right) had a click-through rate of 0.15% compared to Google's 0.07%. Furthermore, their conversions were almost double Google's - 18 vs. 10.
"Google's templatized approach to ad creation significantly hinders campaign success and lowers the quality of how a brand is perceived online and our results clearly support this claim," said said Ayal Ebert, CEO and founder of Dispop.
Check out Dispop's blog post on way in which you can make your custom display ads pack more of a punch, including providing a call to action, highlighting unique selling points and optimizing for mobile.
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....