News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
An online ad buying and creation company has conducted side-by-side comparisons of Google's template-driven ads with custom ads created through their own ad platform. The results are revealing.
The company, Dispop, wanted to ascertain how its custom ad service measured up to Google's auto-generated online display ads. Dispop's self-service platform enables advertisers to crowdsource custom display ad creative from designers, something that SMBs will find attractive.
To make the comparison, Dispop ran two campaigns based on 250k impressions - one running custom creative from the Dispop platform and the other using Google template creative on the Google ad network. Both campaigns ran on sites under the categories Weight Loss and Health News targeting those between the ages of 25 and 54.
The results? Well, according to Dispop, their custom creative ad (pictured on the right) had a click-through rate of 0.15% compared to Google's 0.07%. Furthermore, their conversions were almost double Google's - 18 vs. 10.
"Google's templatized approach to ad creation significantly hinders campaign success and lowers the quality of how a brand is perceived online and our results clearly support this claim," said said Ayal Ebert, CEO and founder of Dispop.
Check out Dispop's blog post on way in which you can make your custom display ads pack more of a punch, including providing a call to action, highlighting unique selling points and optimizing for mobile.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...