News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
An online ad buying and creation company has conducted side-by-side comparisons of Google's template-driven ads with custom ads created through their own ad platform. The results are revealing.
The company, Dispop, wanted to ascertain how its custom ad service measured up to Google's auto-generated online display ads. Dispop's self-service platform enables advertisers to crowdsource custom display ad creative from designers, something that SMBs will find attractive.
To make the comparison, Dispop ran two campaigns based on 250k impressions - one running custom creative from the Dispop platform and the other using Google template creative on the Google ad network. Both campaigns ran on sites under the categories Weight Loss and Health News targeting those between the ages of 25 and 54.
The results? Well, according to Dispop, their custom creative ad (pictured on the right) had a click-through rate of 0.15% compared to Google's 0.07%. Furthermore, their conversions were almost double Google's - 18 vs. 10.
"Google's templatized approach to ad creation significantly hinders campaign success and lowers the quality of how a brand is perceived online and our results clearly support this claim," said said Ayal Ebert, CEO and founder of Dispop.
Check out Dispop's blog post on way in which you can make your custom display ads pack more of a punch, including providing a call to action, highlighting unique selling points and optimizing for mobile.
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...