News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore video rankings records surge in video ads
Video viewers in the U.S. saw 26.8 billion video ads in November, 2013, a significant rise from the month before, according to the latest comScore Video Metrix data.
comScore's latest data reveals that 189.2 million Americans watched 47.1 billion online content videos in November this year. That's up from 182 million viewers and 40 billion videos during the same period last year.
However, the big rise comes from ad views which reached 10.5 billion in November 2012 but, during the same month this year, that figure more than doubled to 26.8 billion. Frequency rose to 154.6 ads per viewer from 141.2 ads the previous month.
In November 2013, Google sites, driven by video viewing via YouTube, ranked as the top online video content property with 163.5 million unique viewers. AOL ranked second with 73 million viewers, followed by Facebook with 66.2 million, NDN with 51 million, and Yahoo sites with 45.8 million.
In terms of ads viewed during November 2013, Americans viewed nearly 26.8 billion video ads, with AOL maintaining the top ranking with 4 billion ad impressions. Google sites came in second with 3.6 billion ads, followed by LiveRail.com (3.1 billion), BrightRoll Platform (2.7 billion) and SpotXchange Video Ad Marketplace (2.4 billion).
Other key comparisons between November 2013 and November 2012 include:
- 87.1% of U.S. Internet audience viewed online video compared with 85.5% during November 2012;
- Average online video duration was 4.7 minutes compared with 5.4 minutes;
- Video ads accounted for 36.2% of all videos viewed compared with 20.8%.
- Personal data: Lack of trust could hinder business growth
- 'Digiboomers' neglected by marketers
- UK: Pureplay online sales will exceed multichannel retailers' this year
- Report: Brands need to up their content focus
- Report shows shoppers want retail everywhere
- Report: Cash still top American payment method
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Nation Online - The Next Era
Ready for the year's most innovative online conference for marketers? Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd from 9:30am - 1:00pm...