News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore video rankings records surge in video ads
Video viewers in the U.S. saw 26.8 billion video ads in November, 2013, a significant rise from the month before, according to the latest comScore Video Metrix data.
comScore's latest data reveals that 189.2 million Americans watched 47.1 billion online content videos in November this year. That's up from 182 million viewers and 40 billion videos during the same period last year.
However, the big rise comes from ad views which reached 10.5 billion in November 2012 but, during the same month this year, that figure more than doubled to 26.8 billion. Frequency rose to 154.6 ads per viewer from 141.2 ads the previous month.
In November 2013, Google sites, driven by video viewing via YouTube, ranked as the top online video content property with 163.5 million unique viewers. AOL ranked second with 73 million viewers, followed by Facebook with 66.2 million, NDN with 51 million, and Yahoo sites with 45.8 million.
In terms of ads viewed during November 2013, Americans viewed nearly 26.8 billion video ads, with AOL maintaining the top ranking with 4 billion ad impressions. Google sites came in second with 3.6 billion ads, followed by LiveRail.com (3.1 billion), BrightRoll Platform (2.7 billion) and SpotXchange Video Ad Marketplace (2.4 billion).
Other key comparisons between November 2013 and November 2012 include:
- 87.1% of U.S. Internet audience viewed online video compared with 85.5% during November 2012;
- Average online video duration was 4.7 minutes compared with 5.4 minutes;
- Video ads accounted for 36.2% of all videos viewed compared with 20.8%.
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...