News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: 10 days pass the $1b mark, weekend spending hot
There are still six shopping days left until Christmas but we can start chalking in the 'Best Shopping Year Ever' under 2013 already. According to new numbers from comScore 10 days have pushed past the $1 billion spending mark thus far in the holiday rush.
Cyber Monday still has it. That's the word from comScore, which released new shopping data this week. According to their numbers 10 individual shopping days have surpassed the $1 billion mark so far this holiday season, with Cyber Monday leading the way ($1.735 billion). The other hot spending days include:
• Black Friday - $1.199 billion
• Green Monday - $1.401 billion
• December 9-15 saw shoppers spend at least $1 billion each day
Overall nearly $38 billion has been spent online since November 1.
"One of the most interesting stories we are seeing this holiday season is the explosion in weekend online spending," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "While we have seen solid growth during the days between Monday and Friday, weekend growth rates have surged to nearly 4x what we're seeing during the work weeks."
Fulgoni points out that, in years past, online spending has decreased on the weekends as people hit brick-and-mortar stores. This year, ecommerce spending over Saturdays and Sundays has been nearly as high as spending during the week. He believes the shortened holiday season has led to more people shopping weekends, but doesn't discount the trend of shopping online to avoid the crush of in-store shoppers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...