News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: 10 days pass the $1b mark, weekend spending hot
There are still six shopping days left until Christmas but we can start chalking in the 'Best Shopping Year Ever' under 2013 already. According to new numbers from comScore 10 days have pushed past the $1 billion spending mark thus far in the holiday rush.
Cyber Monday still has it. That's the word from comScore, which released new shopping data this week. According to their numbers 10 individual shopping days have surpassed the $1 billion mark so far this holiday season, with Cyber Monday leading the way ($1.735 billion). The other hot spending days include:
• Black Friday - $1.199 billion
• Green Monday - $1.401 billion
• December 9-15 saw shoppers spend at least $1 billion each day
Overall nearly $38 billion has been spent online since November 1.
"One of the most interesting stories we are seeing this holiday season is the explosion in weekend online spending," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "While we have seen solid growth during the days between Monday and Friday, weekend growth rates have surged to nearly 4x what we're seeing during the work weeks."
Fulgoni points out that, in years past, online spending has decreased on the weekends as people hit brick-and-mortar stores. This year, ecommerce spending over Saturdays and Sundays has been nearly as high as spending during the week. He believes the shortened holiday season has led to more people shopping weekends, but doesn't discount the trend of shopping online to avoid the crush of in-store shoppers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Automakers playing catchup with cybersecurity
- Travel, hospitality brands below par in social engagement
- Study: Gamers okay with ads
- Merchants: How you can compete with Amazon
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, ecomm expansions
- LEAN: The key to motivating ad blockers to disable their software
- Report reveals digital capability deficit among Brits
- 2016 presidential race increasingly social
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...