News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: 10 days pass the $1b mark, weekend spending hot
There are still six shopping days left until Christmas but we can start chalking in the 'Best Shopping Year Ever' under 2013 already. According to new numbers from comScore 10 days have pushed past the $1 billion spending mark thus far in the holiday rush.
Cyber Monday still has it. That's the word from comScore, which released new shopping data this week. According to their numbers 10 individual shopping days have surpassed the $1 billion mark so far this holiday season, with Cyber Monday leading the way ($1.735 billion). The other hot spending days include:
• Black Friday - $1.199 billion
• Green Monday - $1.401 billion
• December 9-15 saw shoppers spend at least $1 billion each day
Overall nearly $38 billion has been spent online since November 1.
"One of the most interesting stories we are seeing this holiday season is the explosion in weekend online spending," said comScore chairman Gian Fulgoni. "While we have seen solid growth during the days between Monday and Friday, weekend growth rates have surged to nearly 4x what we're seeing during the work weeks."
Fulgoni points out that, in years past, online spending has decreased on the weekends as people hit brick-and-mortar stores. This year, ecommerce spending over Saturdays and Sundays has been nearly as high as spending during the week. He believes the shortened holiday season has led to more people shopping weekends, but doesn't discount the trend of shopping online to avoid the crush of in-store shoppers.
Image via Shutterstock
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...