News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Blue Jeans: Online, Phone meetings more impersonal
Business meetings are a fact of life, and while mobile devices have made some meetings simpler, new data out from the Blue Jeans Network indicates mobiles have also hurt some professionals. According to their new State of the Modern Meeting Report most professionals (71%) believe they've 'lost deals' because they didn't have face-to-face interaction.
Mobile and video meetings serve a purpose with most businesses - they save time and travel expenses. According to the Blue Jeans Network survey of more than 390 executives, video conferences save more than 700 working hours each year. As for money, the report estimates than in the second half of 2013 $2.1 billion miles of travel and $1.3 billion in travel related costs were saved by video, mobile or audio meetings.
Other interesting findings from the Blue Jeans State of the Modern Meeting Report include:
• 6% say they've fallen asleep during audio-only meetings
• 60% say they have fewer meetings around holidays
• The day after a holiday sees a meeting increase of 118%
• 41% of meetings begin on time even though CEOs and other execs arrive late
On average, meetings are lasting about 45 minutes and most take place between 10AM and 2PM. Overall about 55% of meeting participants have arrived late, although those in the Midwest arrive late the least amount. As for the most meetings-friendly cities, New York, San Francisco and Houston lead the way.
As for the demographic breakdown, women attend about 14% more meetings than men and they are more likely to attend weekend meetings. However, on the whole both weekend and lunch hour meetings are on the decline.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...