News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Blue Jeans: Online, Phone meetings more impersonal
Business meetings are a fact of life, and while mobile devices have made some meetings simpler, new data out from the Blue Jeans Network indicates mobiles have also hurt some professionals. According to their new State of the Modern Meeting Report most professionals (71%) believe they've 'lost deals' because they didn't have face-to-face interaction.
Mobile and video meetings serve a purpose with most businesses - they save time and travel expenses. According to the Blue Jeans Network survey of more than 390 executives, video conferences save more than 700 working hours each year. As for money, the report estimates than in the second half of 2013 $2.1 billion miles of travel and $1.3 billion in travel related costs were saved by video, mobile or audio meetings.
Other interesting findings from the Blue Jeans State of the Modern Meeting Report include:
• 6% say they've fallen asleep during audio-only meetings
• 60% say they have fewer meetings around holidays
• The day after a holiday sees a meeting increase of 118%
• 41% of meetings begin on time even though CEOs and other execs arrive late
On average, meetings are lasting about 45 minutes and most take place between 10AM and 2PM. Overall about 55% of meeting participants have arrived late, although those in the Midwest arrive late the least amount. As for the most meetings-friendly cities, New York, San Francisco and Houston lead the way.
As for the demographic breakdown, women attend about 14% more meetings than men and they are more likely to attend weekend meetings. However, on the whole both weekend and lunch hour meetings are on the decline.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Behavioral data influencing more shoppers
- Report: Data scientists spend bulk of time cleaning up
- Retailers: 3 ways shoppers are gaming you
- Mobile Roundup: 2 solutions in the mobile space to broaden reach
- Ad Roundup: 3 solutions to power brand engagement
- Study: 'Digital amnesia' the result of over-reliance on mobile
- New Zealand passes law criminalizing cyberbullying
- U.K.: Marketers concerned about keeping pace with marketing technology
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...