News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Blue Jeans: Online, Phone meetings more impersonal
Business meetings are a fact of life, and while mobile devices have made some meetings simpler, new data out from the Blue Jeans Network indicates mobiles have also hurt some professionals. According to their new State of the Modern Meeting Report most professionals (71%) believe they've 'lost deals' because they didn't have face-to-face interaction.
Mobile and video meetings serve a purpose with most businesses - they save time and travel expenses. According to the Blue Jeans Network survey of more than 390 executives, video conferences save more than 700 working hours each year. As for money, the report estimates than in the second half of 2013 $2.1 billion miles of travel and $1.3 billion in travel related costs were saved by video, mobile or audio meetings.
Other interesting findings from the Blue Jeans State of the Modern Meeting Report include:
• 6% say they've fallen asleep during audio-only meetings
• 60% say they have fewer meetings around holidays
• The day after a holiday sees a meeting increase of 118%
• 41% of meetings begin on time even though CEOs and other execs arrive late
On average, meetings are lasting about 45 minutes and most take place between 10AM and 2PM. Overall about 55% of meeting participants have arrived late, although those in the Midwest arrive late the least amount. As for the most meetings-friendly cities, New York, San Francisco and Houston lead the way.
As for the demographic breakdown, women attend about 14% more meetings than men and they are more likely to attend weekend meetings. However, on the whole both weekend and lunch hour meetings are on the decline.
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...