News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Blue Jeans: Online, Phone meetings more impersonal
Business meetings are a fact of life, and while mobile devices have made some meetings simpler, new data out from the Blue Jeans Network indicates mobiles have also hurt some professionals. According to their new State of the Modern Meeting Report most professionals (71%) believe they've 'lost deals' because they didn't have face-to-face interaction.
Mobile and video meetings serve a purpose with most businesses - they save time and travel expenses. According to the Blue Jeans Network survey of more than 390 executives, video conferences save more than 700 working hours each year. As for money, the report estimates than in the second half of 2013 $2.1 billion miles of travel and $1.3 billion in travel related costs were saved by video, mobile or audio meetings.
Other interesting findings from the Blue Jeans State of the Modern Meeting Report include:
• 6% say they've fallen asleep during audio-only meetings
• 60% say they have fewer meetings around holidays
• The day after a holiday sees a meeting increase of 118%
• 41% of meetings begin on time even though CEOs and other execs arrive late
On average, meetings are lasting about 45 minutes and most take place between 10AM and 2PM. Overall about 55% of meeting participants have arrived late, although those in the Midwest arrive late the least amount. As for the most meetings-friendly cities, New York, San Francisco and Houston lead the way.
As for the demographic breakdown, women attend about 14% more meetings than men and they are more likely to attend weekend meetings. However, on the whole both weekend and lunch hour meetings are on the decline.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...