News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Blue Jeans: Online, Phone meetings more impersonal
Business meetings are a fact of life, and while mobile devices have made some meetings simpler, new data out from the Blue Jeans Network indicates mobiles have also hurt some professionals. According to their new State of the Modern Meeting Report most professionals (71%) believe they've 'lost deals' because they didn't have face-to-face interaction.
Mobile and video meetings serve a purpose with most businesses - they save time and travel expenses. According to the Blue Jeans Network survey of more than 390 executives, video conferences save more than 700 working hours each year. As for money, the report estimates than in the second half of 2013 $2.1 billion miles of travel and $1.3 billion in travel related costs were saved by video, mobile or audio meetings.
Other interesting findings from the Blue Jeans State of the Modern Meeting Report include:
• 6% say they've fallen asleep during audio-only meetings
• 60% say they have fewer meetings around holidays
• The day after a holiday sees a meeting increase of 118%
• 41% of meetings begin on time even though CEOs and other execs arrive late
On average, meetings are lasting about 45 minutes and most take place between 10AM and 2PM. Overall about 55% of meeting participants have arrived late, although those in the Midwest arrive late the least amount. As for the most meetings-friendly cities, New York, San Francisco and Houston lead the way.
As for the demographic breakdown, women attend about 14% more meetings than men and they are more likely to attend weekend meetings. However, on the whole both weekend and lunch hour meetings are on the decline.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...