News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What winter travelers are looking for
As the snow begins to fly here in the Northern Hemisphere, consumers are already planning their escape out of the cold and into the warm Southern sunshine. Or even colder mountains. Turns out winter travelers are looking for both warm and cold getaways this year. Here's how travel brands can target this segment:
First, travel brands need to know what winter travelers are looking for. According to a new infographic from Videology fewer than 20% of winter travelers are looking to stay cold by skiing or stay warm inside the temperature controlled casino. About one-quarter are looking for tropical getaways and 20% are looking forward to seeing the sights.
The good news for online travel brands is that just over half either sometimes or always look to online hubs to book their trips and 3 in 4 use online outlets to research destinations. Other interesting findings include:
• 66% research desintations on computer, 22% via smartphone
• 18% of video viewers use tablets to research trips
• 19% rely on friend's recommendations
• 13% look to travel reviews
Meanwhile, data from JiWire indicates most travel-minded shoppers are using multiple devices during the research process. Just over half of respondents to a JiWire study said they had booked a trip via a mobile device while nearly half say they have researched a trip through either a smarthphone or tablet; just over half (56%) say they research trips via PC.
As for what influences them the most, business-class travelers say they are most influenced by rewards programs (airline, hotel) and then favorability but are less often swayed to book because of a deal/discount.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
- All hail Uber
- Social media platforms failing to adequately monitor hate speech
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...