News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Unruly IDs most shared videos
In the video space most brands aren't just hoping to get a viewer to click through to a landing page - although that click is highly sought after. Most are also hoping the viewer will like the ad enough to share it, helping the advertiser to reach more people in a faster manner.
"Shares are the currency of social success and for leading brand marketers discovering how to create and distribute highly shareable content repeatedly and at scale is now at the top of their wish list," said Richard Kosinski, US president, Unruly. "Marketers are challenging the value of a view and instead are focusing on creating content and distribution strategies which drive deeper levels of engagement, such as sharing, data capture, brand uplift or online purchases. Dove Real Beauty Sketches is a great example, as the ad that not only elicits strong emotions from consumers, but also gives its viewers a strong reason to share it within their social networks."
According to Unruly, the 20 most shared videos include Dove Beauty Sketches (4.24 million shares) and GEICO Hump Day Commercial (4.03 million shares). Other hot videos include:
• Evian - Baby & Me
• Kmart - Ship My Pants
• Budweiser - Brotherhood
• Pepsi Max - Test Drive
According to comScore in October alone more than 49 billion video clips were viewed, about half were ads (24.5 billion clips). Google sites like YouTube pushed the bulk of video views with AOL pushing the bulk of video ad content. According to comScore more than 87% of US residents are now watching online video; the average clip lasts 5 minutes while the average ad lasts 0.4 minutes.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...