News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Unruly IDs most shared videos
In the video space most brands aren't just hoping to get a viewer to click through to a landing page - although that click is highly sought after. Most are also hoping the viewer will like the ad enough to share it, helping the advertiser to reach more people in a faster manner.
"Shares are the currency of social success and for leading brand marketers discovering how to create and distribute highly shareable content repeatedly and at scale is now at the top of their wish list," said Richard Kosinski, US president, Unruly. "Marketers are challenging the value of a view and instead are focusing on creating content and distribution strategies which drive deeper levels of engagement, such as sharing, data capture, brand uplift or online purchases. Dove Real Beauty Sketches is a great example, as the ad that not only elicits strong emotions from consumers, but also gives its viewers a strong reason to share it within their social networks."
According to Unruly, the 20 most shared videos include Dove Beauty Sketches (4.24 million shares) and GEICO Hump Day Commercial (4.03 million shares). Other hot videos include:
• Evian - Baby & Me
• Kmart - Ship My Pants
• Budweiser - Brotherhood
• Pepsi Max - Test Drive
According to comScore in October alone more than 49 billion video clips were viewed, about half were ads (24.5 billion clips). Google sites like YouTube pushed the bulk of video views with AOL pushing the bulk of video ad content. According to comScore more than 87% of US residents are now watching online video; the average clip lasts 5 minutes while the average ad lasts 0.4 minutes.
Image via Shutterstock
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...