News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rumble research reveals unique behaviors of mobile content app users
Last week, at ad:tech, Rumble, a mobile-first platform for publishers, issued a mobile user engagement study that highlighted differences in consumer mobile engagement that mobile publishers must understand to make the most of their audiences and reach.
A key take-out of the findings is that there are big differences in the ways in which consumers share mobile content based on the type of content and even the device they use.
For example, Android users were found to be 2 - 3 times more likely to share articles than iOS users. While Android users shared 1.8% of all articles read across email, Facebook and Twitter, just 0.8% of iOS users did so.
According to Rumble, "Although building a high-performing Android mobile app can be time intensive and expensive the Android market is continuing to grow and now represents more than half of the U.S. smartphone market". Therefore, those publishers who want to grow their audience and reach will benefit from having an Android presence.
And, if you thought the top way users share mobile news article content was via Facebook or Twitter, you'd be wrong. According to Rumble's detailed analysis of how 300,000 people engaged with content-specific apps across 40 publishers, email is the sharing method of choice (76%) versus 12% who use Twitter and another 12% who use Facebook. It makes sense, therefore, that marketers support email sharing in their mobile apps.
Additional findings can be found in Rumble's "Mobile User Engagement Study for Publishers" (.pdf) and include:
- Push notification is a key re-engagement tool with rates as high as 70% of download/user base opening the app with just a single push;
-iPhone users display three times more engagement than iPad users.
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....