News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rumble research reveals unique behaviors of mobile content app users
Last week, at ad:tech, Rumble, a mobile-first platform for publishers, issued a mobile user engagement study that highlighted differences in consumer mobile engagement that mobile publishers must understand to make the most of their audiences and reach.
A key take-out of the findings is that there are big differences in the ways in which consumers share mobile content based on the type of content and even the device they use.
For example, Android users were found to be 2 - 3 times more likely to share articles than iOS users. While Android users shared 1.8% of all articles read across email, Facebook and Twitter, just 0.8% of iOS users did so.
According to Rumble, "Although building a high-performing Android mobile app can be time intensive and expensive the Android market is continuing to grow and now represents more than half of the U.S. smartphone market". Therefore, those publishers who want to grow their audience and reach will benefit from having an Android presence.
And, if you thought the top way users share mobile news article content was via Facebook or Twitter, you'd be wrong. According to Rumble's detailed analysis of how 300,000 people engaged with content-specific apps across 40 publishers, email is the sharing method of choice (76%) versus 12% who use Twitter and another 12% who use Facebook. It makes sense, therefore, that marketers support email sharing in their mobile apps.
Additional findings can be found in Rumble's "Mobile User Engagement Study for Publishers" (.pdf) and include:
- Push notification is a key re-engagement tool with rates as high as 70% of download/user base opening the app with just a single push;
-iPhone users display three times more engagement than iPad users.
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...