News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Piqora: Average Pin now generates 78 cents in sales
New research has revealed that popular image-sharing site Pinterest now generates 25% more in sales than it did a year ago.
New research from visual marketing and analytics firm Piqora, reported today by TechCrunch, shows that the average Pin now generates 78 cents in sales. That's up 25% on the value recorded in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Other stats from Piqora's analysis of data from 1,000 brands during the period 1 February to 31 October this year include:
- Product discovery can occur over a long period of time with half of website visits taking place 3.5 months after the first Pinning;
- Half of orders take place 2.5 months after a Pinning;
- Pinterest's mobile base grew 50% in 2013 with 75% of use on mobile;
- Orders via Pinterest peak on Monday;
- Pins are 100x more viral than Tweets with each Pin generating more than 10 Re-Pins.
Earlier this year, Pinterest launched Rich Pins. These images contain lots more information about a Pinned image - direct from the site the image originated from. Such information might include price and other purchase information, or ingredient listings for Pinned recipes.
Rich Pins benefit both Pinterest users and the brands whose products are being Pinned. Users will be provided with more information about a product, movie or recipe, while brand and retailer information will have a presence.
According to Piqora, brands who have integrated Rich Pins have seen an 82% increase in Re-Pins.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...