News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Piqora: Average Pin now generates 78 cents in sales
New research has revealed that popular image-sharing site Pinterest now generates 25% more in sales than it did a year ago.
New research from visual marketing and analytics firm Piqora, reported today by TechCrunch, shows that the average Pin now generates 78 cents in sales. That's up 25% on the value recorded in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Other stats from Piqora's analysis of data from 1,000 brands during the period 1 February to 31 October this year include:
- Product discovery can occur over a long period of time with half of website visits taking place 3.5 months after the first Pinning;
- Half of orders take place 2.5 months after a Pinning;
- Pinterest's mobile base grew 50% in 2013 with 75% of use on mobile;
- Orders via Pinterest peak on Monday;
- Pins are 100x more viral than Tweets with each Pin generating more than 10 Re-Pins.
Earlier this year, Pinterest launched Rich Pins. These images contain lots more information about a Pinned image - direct from the site the image originated from. Such information might include price and other purchase information, or ingredient listings for Pinned recipes.
Rich Pins benefit both Pinterest users and the brands whose products are being Pinned. Users will be provided with more information about a product, movie or recipe, while brand and retailer information will have a presence.
According to Piqora, brands who have integrated Rich Pins have seen an 82% increase in Re-Pins.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...