News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
71% of digital marketers test websites to improve conversion rates
The latest Conversion Rate Optimization Report from eConsultancy reveals that less than three-quarters of companies test their websites. While that figure may seem low, it's more than the number who test email and landing pages.
Of the 1,000 client-side and agency digital marketers surveyed by eConsultancy in partnership with RedEye, 71% test their websites. To press home the importance of testing, the survey found that companies whose conversion rates had improved over the last twelve months were conducting 50% more website tests than those whose conversion rates had not improved. Furthermore, those with better conversion rates were using 47% more methods to improve conversion.
"This difference is even more apparent when looking at sales," says eConsultancy in a blog post. "Companies with a large increase in sales carried out over two times as many tests as the average."
So, what are the elements being tested on websites? According to the Conversion Rate Optimization Report, call-to-action buttons are the most frequently tested element, tested by 74%, followed by page layout (70%), copy (65%), and navigation (61%). While employee suggestion is a source for ideas for testing (55%), more than two-thirds (68%) get their ideas from analytics. Articles, whitepapers, and blogs were also sources of ideas for testing website elements (55%).
Among the agencies surveyed, 32% believe that deciding what to test is the most difficult stage followed by setting up the tests. Among the companies surveyed, 27% believe setting up the test is the most challenging followed by analyzing the results (13%).
The survey also found that websites were the most-tested marketing channel with just 60% testing email and 59% testing landing pages.
Image via Shutterstock
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....