News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
71% of digital marketers test websites to improve conversion rates
The latest Conversion Rate Optimization Report from eConsultancy reveals that less than three-quarters of companies test their websites. While that figure may seem low, it's more than the number who test email and landing pages.
Of the 1,000 client-side and agency digital marketers surveyed by eConsultancy in partnership with RedEye, 71% test their websites. To press home the importance of testing, the survey found that companies whose conversion rates had improved over the last twelve months were conducting 50% more website tests than those whose conversion rates had not improved. Furthermore, those with better conversion rates were using 47% more methods to improve conversion.
"This difference is even more apparent when looking at sales," says eConsultancy in a blog post. "Companies with a large increase in sales carried out over two times as many tests as the average."
So, what are the elements being tested on websites? According to the Conversion Rate Optimization Report, call-to-action buttons are the most frequently tested element, tested by 74%, followed by page layout (70%), copy (65%), and navigation (61%). While employee suggestion is a source for ideas for testing (55%), more than two-thirds (68%) get their ideas from analytics. Articles, whitepapers, and blogs were also sources of ideas for testing website elements (55%).
Among the agencies surveyed, 32% believe that deciding what to test is the most difficult stage followed by setting up the tests. Among the companies surveyed, 27% believe setting up the test is the most challenging followed by analyzing the results (13%).
The survey also found that websites were the most-tested marketing channel with just 60% testing email and 59% testing landing pages.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...