News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
71% of digital marketers test websites to improve conversion rates
The latest Conversion Rate Optimization Report from eConsultancy reveals that less than three-quarters of companies test their websites. While that figure may seem low, it's more than the number who test email and landing pages.
Of the 1,000 client-side and agency digital marketers surveyed by eConsultancy in partnership with RedEye, 71% test their websites. To press home the importance of testing, the survey found that companies whose conversion rates had improved over the last twelve months were conducting 50% more website tests than those whose conversion rates had not improved. Furthermore, those with better conversion rates were using 47% more methods to improve conversion.
"This difference is even more apparent when looking at sales," says eConsultancy in a blog post. "Companies with a large increase in sales carried out over two times as many tests as the average."
So, what are the elements being tested on websites? According to the Conversion Rate Optimization Report, call-to-action buttons are the most frequently tested element, tested by 74%, followed by page layout (70%), copy (65%), and navigation (61%). While employee suggestion is a source for ideas for testing (55%), more than two-thirds (68%) get their ideas from analytics. Articles, whitepapers, and blogs were also sources of ideas for testing website elements (55%).
Among the agencies surveyed, 32% believe that deciding what to test is the most difficult stage followed by setting up the tests. Among the companies surveyed, 27% believe setting up the test is the most challenging followed by analyzing the results (13%).
The survey also found that websites were the most-tested marketing channel with just 60% testing email and 59% testing landing pages.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...