News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: More workers moving in with parents, underemployed
This will not come as a shock: Baby Boomers are making more than either Gen Xers or Gen Y. It stands to reason as Boomers have been in the job market longer. What is interesting, in a new report out from PayScale and Millennial Branding, is that more workers from all demographics are working from home or are choosing to work for smaller companies.
Researchers found that, for all worker demographics, male to female pay ratios were separated by about 3%, with the closest gender gaps occurring in the Gen Y demo.
"Similar to other studies, our research reinforces that the sluggish and uncertain economy has made a significant impact on the perspectives and experiences of not only Generation Y, but also Generation X and Baby Boomers," said Katie Bardaro, lead economist for PayScale. "It is also important to note the complexities that each generation possesses based upon so many economic, cultural, and sociological conditions and issues."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• 28% of Millennials have moved back in with their parents (Gen X 11%, Boomers 5%)
• Baby Boomers are most likely to want to change their boss (9% vs. 6% of Gen Y or 7& of Gen X)
• Gen Yers are most likely to be 'unsatisfied' at work and are most likely to work at smaller companies
"The economy has delayed their careers and their personal independence and forced them to work harder than previous generations just to catch up," said Dan Schawbel, Founder of Millennial Branding and New York Times best-selling author of Promote Yourself. "They are taking on multiple jobs to pay back student loans and are being forced to create their own careers instead of relying on companies to do it for them."
Image via Shutterstock
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
- Email trends to watch for 2017
- 'Beacosystem' driving billions of dollars in sales
- Facebook trumps YouTube for Christmas TV ad discovery
- Report: Customers are mobile, retailers are not
- Forecasts: Programmatic, Native on the up
- Top 4 tips to a strong subscription strategy
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...