News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: More mobile purchases this holiday season
Forget about cooling heels in long checkout lines. This holiday season more shoppers will be skipping lines in favor of purchasing gifts via mobile. That, according to new data out from Hipcricket which shows more than half (53%) of polled holiday shoppers plan to spend more via mobile device in 2013 than in 2012.
"Hipcricket survey data shows that 42% of respondents will shop more on mobile devices this holiday season compared to 2012. This means that the total number of mobile purchases should increase significantly, as the survey also found that in the past six months, close to 59% of smartphones users made at least one purchase on their device," was written in the report. "Hipcricket estimates that mobile devices will contribute to overall holiday commerce sales growth in two ways, both as a driver of total sales, as more consumers make purchases on their smartphones and tablets, and, increasingly, as a shopping research tool, driving consumers into stores or back to desktops where they complete transactions."
Other interesting findings include:
• 41% say they'll spend between $1 and $99 via mobile device, 23% say they'll spend between $100 and $249
• 25% say they've made between two and four mobile purchases in the past six months
• 83% say they're researching products via mobile device, 75% say they're reading product reviews
As for why they're shopping via mobile most (50%) say mobile offers easy transactions. Books, tickets and music/video content make up the bulk on mobile purchases, followed by consumer electronics and health/beauty items.
Image via Shutterstock
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...