News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Best practices missing from Fortune 100 mobile strategy
Some of the biggest brands in the US aren't doing mobile as well as they might. That's the takeaway from The Mobile Experience Scorecard, out this week from The Search Agency. Based on page load times, download times, app presence and social media presence, their research shows many brands in the Fortune 100 are missing the mobile boat.
"With Google's recent algorithm updates such as Hummingbird and their increased emphasis on the mobile experience, we created the mobile experience scorecard to assess how some of America's largest companies are presenting their brands to mobile users. And were frankly surprised by the results," said Grant Simmons Director, SEO and Social Product at The Search Agency. "Consumers expect that they can easily interact with their favorite brands online while on the go, and businesses that do not provide mobile-friendly experiences risk losing valuable search traffic and alienating mobile users. And it's not just large companies - businesses of all sizes need to consider how they are catering to mobile audiences and benchmark their mobile-readiness against industry standards."
Some interesting takeaways include:
• Fortune 100 brands averaged a 2.31 out of 5 score
• Coca-Cola and FedEx tied for first with a 4.49 score
• The Top 20 mobile sites used dedicated mobile sites, not Responsive Web Design (RWD)
• Only 9 of the top 100 sites used RWD
• Average mobile page loads were 5 seconds; Google's recommended load time is 1 second
WhitePages has released its PRO platform, set up to help brands create and maintain better mobile websites. Through the platform, brands can better connect with customers by connecting physical locations with mobile numbers.
Alex Algard, founder and CEO of WhitePages said, "We built WhitePages PRO in response to an overwhelming demand for a solution designed to specifically help business users achieve a wide spectrum of goals, from increasing efficiencies to decreasing fraud."
With the solution brands can better analyze their customer base, improve customer service and more quickly determine if orders are legitimate or not.
Image via Shutterstock
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...