News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Shhh! I'm searching
It's no secret that Americans love their mobile devices, but new data out from Ask.com underlines the importance of mobile devices - for consumers' perceived privacy. According to the new report more than half of American adults would like to keep at least some of their search history private - even from significant others.
"The most secretive searchers? Men and younger people. Those aged 18-34 (78 percent) are more likely than those ages 35+ (59 percent) to admit to keeping searches a secret. In addition, men (67 percent) are more likely than women (60 percent) to have searched for something they wish to keep private," was written in the report.
Other interesting findings from the ASK.com survey include:
• 64% have conducted a search they 'would like to keep private'
• 35% say they hide their search history from significant others and friends
• 24% of 18-34 year olds have searched for info on their exes
• Most (38%) want to keep medical searches private
• 16% say they've searched for another job while at work, and want to keep that quiet
Meanwhile, new data out from The Search Agency shows just how important mobile devices are. For instance, data from Q3 2013 suggests that mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) are responsible for more than one-third of the clicks on Google.
"In Q3, we continue to observe consumers migrating toward smartphone and tablet devices," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "With Enhanced Campaigns rolled out and Google's cross-device estimated conversions announcement, marketers must adapt to these new tool sets to understand how to connect with today and tomorrow's consumer."
Click volume from mobile devices increased 50% during the quarter and researchers also found that paid search spending increased more than 20% (YoY).
Image via Shutterstock
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...