News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Shhh! I'm searching
It's no secret that Americans love their mobile devices, but new data out from Ask.com underlines the importance of mobile devices - for consumers' perceived privacy. According to the new report more than half of American adults would like to keep at least some of their search history private - even from significant others.
"The most secretive searchers? Men and younger people. Those aged 18-34 (78 percent) are more likely than those ages 35+ (59 percent) to admit to keeping searches a secret. In addition, men (67 percent) are more likely than women (60 percent) to have searched for something they wish to keep private," was written in the report.
Other interesting findings from the ASK.com survey include:
• 64% have conducted a search they 'would like to keep private'
• 35% say they hide their search history from significant others and friends
• 24% of 18-34 year olds have searched for info on their exes
• Most (38%) want to keep medical searches private
• 16% say they've searched for another job while at work, and want to keep that quiet
Meanwhile, new data out from The Search Agency shows just how important mobile devices are. For instance, data from Q3 2013 suggests that mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) are responsible for more than one-third of the clicks on Google.
"In Q3, we continue to observe consumers migrating toward smartphone and tablet devices," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "With Enhanced Campaigns rolled out and Google's cross-device estimated conversions announcement, marketers must adapt to these new tool sets to understand how to connect with today and tomorrow's consumer."
Click volume from mobile devices increased 50% during the quarter and researchers also found that paid search spending increased more than 20% (YoY).
Image via Shutterstock
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
- Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
- Parents give retailers advice on making back-to-school shopping more bearable
- Study reveals impact of mobile use on Japanese students' grades
- Poll: SMB owners voting out incumbents
- How to improve worker productivity
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...