News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Shhh! I'm searching
It's no secret that Americans love their mobile devices, but new data out from Ask.com underlines the importance of mobile devices - for consumers' perceived privacy. According to the new report more than half of American adults would like to keep at least some of their search history private - even from significant others.
"The most secretive searchers? Men and younger people. Those aged 18-34 (78 percent) are more likely than those ages 35+ (59 percent) to admit to keeping searches a secret. In addition, men (67 percent) are more likely than women (60 percent) to have searched for something they wish to keep private," was written in the report.
Other interesting findings from the ASK.com survey include:
• 64% have conducted a search they 'would like to keep private'
• 35% say they hide their search history from significant others and friends
• 24% of 18-34 year olds have searched for info on their exes
• Most (38%) want to keep medical searches private
• 16% say they've searched for another job while at work, and want to keep that quiet
Meanwhile, new data out from The Search Agency shows just how important mobile devices are. For instance, data from Q3 2013 suggests that mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) are responsible for more than one-third of the clicks on Google.
"In Q3, we continue to observe consumers migrating toward smartphone and tablet devices," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "With Enhanced Campaigns rolled out and Google's cross-device estimated conversions announcement, marketers must adapt to these new tool sets to understand how to connect with today and tomorrow's consumer."
Click volume from mobile devices increased 50% during the quarter and researchers also found that paid search spending increased more than 20% (YoY).
Image via Shutterstock
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...