News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platform protects privacy while serving relevant messaging
A new offering from iSIGN is putting the privacy back in geo-located targeting. The mobile to mobile offering pushes relevant messaging to shoppers when they are within a specific radius of a particular store.
The information collected from the iSIGN smart antenna is kept anonymous for shopper privacy.
"iSIGN does NOT need or collect any personal information from customers. The iSIGN Smart Antenna interacts machine to machine with a unique component ID called a MAC address which every single mobile device has," said Alex Romanov, CEO, iSIGN. "No MAC address is the same, therefore we can differentiate between different customers. The Smart Antenna will remember that a specific MAC address has interacted with it before and from there can personalize offers based on previous interaction with the SA. The only time that a Smart Antenna would ever collect a customer's information would be if they were opting in to join a loyalty program that a retailer had set up."
The technology has already collected anonymized data from across the US and Canada, enabling businesses to serve more relevant ads to their prospective customers. The beauty of mobile data is that is can remain truly anonymous, says Romanov.
"Many apps and loyalty programs require the user to divulge personal information. This is voluntary as is iSIGN's interaction with mobile devices," said Romanov. "Specifically if the data collection is anonymous such as device to device or there is no need to provide any personal information as an email address, name or phone number."
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...