News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More B2Bers looking to content
Content is getting more play from business-to-business (B2B) brands. According to new data out from Brightcove and the Content Marketing Institute, B2B brands are paying more attention to content marketing, especially in the social space.
According to the report B2B brands are using several content marketing tactics, including social sharing, to push their messages to more people, including sharing branded articles, case studies, video content and sharing event information for local leads.
"It's exciting to see how quickly content, and the ability to distribute that content to audiences via social channels, has grown in significance for B2B marketers," said Steve Rotter, vice president of marketing at Brightcove. "Content marketing, and particularly video, helps brands to drive more demand, increase conversion rates and generate a higher return on their marketing investments."
"Heading into 2014, many B2B marketers are feeling more confident than ever about the effectiveness of their content marketing strategies," said Joe Pulizzi, founder of the Content Marketing Institute and author of Epic Content Marketing. "Though the industry is still in the early adoption phase of content marketing, it's clear that many are seeing success and are continuing to increase their tactics and devote more resources, and budgets, to producing great content experiences."
Some interesting takeaways form the B2B Content Marketing: 2014 Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends - North America report include:
• One-third of B2B marketing budgets are earmarked for content marketing
• Most (58%) of B2Bers plan to increase content marketing budgets over the next year
• Most B2B content marketers say brand awareness is their goal
• 42% say they are 'more effective' at content marketing in 2013 than in 2012, an increase of 6% YoY
Image via Shutterstock
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...