News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile spend hits $20b
As more consumers hit the mobile superhighway brands are following suit. According to new data out from the IAB the mobile ad spend has topped the $20 billion mark for the first half of 2013, an 18% increase over 2012.
And there is good reason for the increase in spending: consumers are clicking. Mobile revenues hit $3 billion for the first half of 2013, an increase of 145% over 2012 while digital video revenues pushed past the $1 billion mark, a 24% increase YoY.
Better technology is one thing pushing more shoppers into the digital space. The ability to shop with crowds and pay securely are two reasons many say they are shopping more via mobile. This month Jumio added to their base with the launch of a new mobile wallet, which integrates mobile utilities like Apple's Passbook or Samsung's Wallet with PORT, the one click payment option.
"Unlike today's digital wallets that function solely for mobile payments, and require consumers to download individual merchant apps, PORT enables efficient transactions in both digital and real world environments, mirroring the full functionality of a traditional wallet," said Jumio CEO Daniel Mattes. "The current absence of a comprehensive device-based wallet offering that is securely integrated into the merchant apps, at the point of transaction, is what has hindered mobile wallets from reaching the critical tipping point."
"Digital has steadily increased its ability to captivate consumers and then capture the marketing dollars that follow," said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. "Mobile advertising's breakneck growth is evidence that marketers are recognizing the tremendous power of smaller screens. Digital video is also on a positive trajectory, delivering avid viewership and strong brand-building opportunities."
Other interesting findings from the IAB include:
• Search Revenues increased 7% to hit $8.7 billion
• Display ad revenues pushed to $6.1 billion
• The top three mobile ad verticals were Retail, Financial Services, Automotive
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...