News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile: Just one out of 50 UK retailers has a responsive website
Despite consumers' growing demand for mobile websites that work just as well as 'traditional' versions, UK retailers are failing to provide websites that respond to the device being used to view them. Incredibly, out of 50 websites studied, just one provided a responsive website.
As numbers of mobile devices swell, and more are to come in the form of wearable technology such as glasses and watches, the demand for responsive web design - where content on the site automatically adapts to the device being used - can only climb.
Yet few retailers in the UK are currently providing consumers with such convenience. Out of 50 retailers studied by digital commerce solutions provider Venda, just ONE - electrical retailer Currys - hosts a responsive website.
Furthermore, almost a quarter of the retailers still do not have a mobile optimized website including, incredibly, Apple. Half are hosting mobile websites under a different URL structure to their existing website.
"It's increasingly obvious how a range of mobile devices are changing the way people shop online - in fact almost half of our traffic comes from a mobile or tablet device," says Chris Thomas, Manager Director of footwear retailer Cloggs. "Mobile browsing is often a customer's first step when making a purchase, but a bad browsing experience can mean retailers losing customers at an early stage of the buying decision."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...